James McPake "Pars can't compete in transfer market with rivals"

26 minutes ago, SRBpar said:

I mean as in fans asking him tough questions. In no way do I mean the leveL of abuse Ross MacArthur received. I believe the fans have the right to ask David cook those questions and what’s being done to solve them 

Tbf Drew Main, SLO has been working hard to set up communication session with fan groups, and looking to expand that further. David Cook is usually there and takes questions. Like any situation, sometimes we might not get the answers we want, but again being fair, at least it's there. 

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Tbf Drew Main, SLO has been working hard to set up communication session with fan groups, and looking to expand that further. David Cook is usually there and takes questions. Like any situation, sometimes we might not get the answers we want, but again being fair, at least it's there. 

And I applaud drew for doing that. But unfortunately he’s not the one being paid handsomely by the club to push us forward. And when was the last time we seen a member of the German consortium over to engage with the fans. 

it sounds like a cry from mcpake to be backed by the board in my eyes. 

Supporters meeting needed now and no more silly questions. Cook and the owners owe us at least an explanation into where all our money is going.

Cook had a go at a fan who asked if we were still paying off grant and yogi and if it was affecting the club finances….. quite clearly has been 

57 minutes ago, SRBpar said:

I mean as in fans asking him tough questions. In no way do I mean the leveL of abuse Ross MacArthur received. I believe the fans have the right to ask David cook those questions and what’s being done to solve them 

Fair enough, and no argument on that.

25 minutes ago, SRBpar said:

And when was the last time we seen a member of the German consortium over to engage with the fans. 

To be fair, that's what they are paying people like DC to do. They're just the owners, they're not necessarily meant to be running things day to day. Although it's hard to know how much they might be doing so.

4 minutes ago, Al k said:

Quite a turnaround from a previous supporters meeting, where we were assured the lack of signings in winter window wasn't due to teams offering more money.

I wouldn't believe a word most football clubs tell the supporters tbh.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Ultimately the CEO has to carry the can for the running of the club, no? 

Not entirely, he can only work within a structure given to him by the BoD/share holders and can be prevented from carrying out some things. 

Without knowing what he's being asked to carry out I don't know how much he can be judged as an individual.

• Upvote 1

I just think the interview with McPake won’t sit right with the Germans or Cook.  Management sounds so frustrated and apart from Kane that’s the budget gone but there maybe a bit of money for loans when Edwards money comes in… like last season.

The positive is that James McPake is speaking clearly about the issue and is actively trying to recruit players who should improve the team. Clearly the negative is we are being outbid at the moment.

One thing to bear in mind is that our club may be making offers within a balanced budget and it’s not in our control if certain other clubs are making offers outside their budget, effectively gambling to get promoted this season. 

• Upvote 3