James McPake "Pars can't compete in transfer market with rivals"

3 hours ago, El Patrón said:

Long season ahead, even Cook is getting frustrated with the owners refusal to budge. The plan looks clear, scrape by with kids and try and sell them on for some money to line their pockets. McPake's interviews are showing clear frustration and in the end it will be him that pays the price. He may end up walking as soon as he gets a chance as he doesn't strike me as the type who would stay and be a yes man. The owners need to come out and tell us why they have no interest in competing in this league. I know a fair few who have not renewed their season tickets due to the lack of comms, lack of signings and the thought of another long, dross relegation battling season. 

How they can go from the feel good factor that McPake & McKay managed to create in a short period after Hughes/Grant and relegation to League 1, to what we have now is baffling. Club is going backwards.

How do you know that “even Cook is getting frustrated?  Genuinely curious.

• Upvote 4

It's clear we've not got huge amounts of cash.

I refer again to last years £1million loss, projecting a substantial loss for this financial year and David Cook saying we will be reigning in the spend. Hopefully the money for Edwards is used for supplementing the exisiting budget for players.

Hopefully the Fanzone has been a commercial success and can help offset some of our our existing financial committments. On that front I do think Alister Burn has been showing his determination to bring in revenue through various initiatives. For example having Moonlight Zoo play in Legends and the very recent Euros Fanzone. I'm sure he'll continue to develop further commercial opportunities helping maximise the earning potential of the stadiums facilities.

Personally I've no idea what David Cook is feeling about our overall situation or about his views on how we move forward. Not many fans will know this, but attending the supporters communication sessions are at least an opportunity for asking intrusive questions. I think given the general apathy among a section of our support it should be of concern to the Board. The link between us all is such an important part in helping achieve any level of success for the club, right now there's issues.

• Upvote 1

Daily Record:

Dunfermline Athletic are set to sign Kieran Ngwenya.

The freed Aberdeen defender has agreed a two-year deal at East End Park.

Pars boss James McPake has beaten off a number of Championship rivals, including Partick Thistle, to land him.

The 21-year-old will replace Josh Edwards who moved to Charlton Athletic earlier this month.

Ngwenya had attracted interest from Queen’s Park Rangers.

The English Championship side was keen on him for their development squad but he didn’t want to wait and possibly lose out on Dunfermline’s offer.

The Malawi international leaves Aberdeen after four years at Pittodrie.

The majority of his time there was spent on loan with the likes of Cove Rangers, Kelty Hearts and Raith Rovers.

He spent last season on loan at Championship rivals Partick Thistle.

49 minutes ago, El Patrón said:

So you think it's nonsense to suggest there's frustration within the club about the lack of signings window after window and losing out on key targets due to dilly dallying and penny pinching from the owners?

Due to the owners ****ing around over the past 3 windows the club have missed out on key targets like Ruari Paton, Scott Tiffoney, Dylan Easton, Wotherspoon (last time round), Scott McMann, Logan Chalmers, Shaun Byrne to name a few....... Instead we get Brad Holmes, Xavier Benjamin, Ben Summers and the like on loan.

Is it not more of a case that each of these teams are willing to commit more to wages than we are? 

10 minutes ago, Kdy Par said:

Is it not more of a case that each of these teams are willing to commit more to wages than we are? 

What worries me is that we get the highest crowds outside Dundee United last season and our highest average since 2005…. And apparently we can’t compete with these teams 

36 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

What worries me is that we get the highest crowds outside Dundee United last season and our highest average since 2005…. And apparently we can’t compete with these teams 

I think it’s more like we don’t want to compete with these wages rather than we can’t compete. But it’s a valid concern. 

I know Raith are spending funny money on wages, there desperate to go up. 

Edited by Kdy Par