East Fife: Friendly

Who says this needs to be our strongest 11?
I’ve always considered pre-season friendlies to be just that. It’s a chance to improve squad fitness and to try players out in a non-pressurised situation. I wouldn’t necessarily expect a win this early in the season and if folk go along with this expectation they’re seriously deluded.

I seem to remember that our pre-season under Peter Grant was quite encouraging. Well, that meant a lot, didn’t it?

Edited by Yorkiepar

1 minute ago, kelty_par said:

Flynn Duffy one of the trialists. Was on loan at Peterhead last season. Surely we can aim better than this?

Him and the trialist LB in the first half will be viewed as Miller Fenton replacements, cheap young backup. 

16 minutes ago, Grant said:

Him and the trialist LB in the first half will be viewed as Miller Fenton replacements, cheap young backup. 

Certainly looks that way. GK will be a cheap option like little just to warm the bench 

1 minute ago, kelty_par said:

Certainly looks that way. GK will be a cheap option like little just to warm the bench 

Aye, truthfully neither looked great. Thought the best trialist was the East Fife number 16.

Just now, Grant said:

Aye, truthfully neither looked great. Thought the best trialist was the East Fife number 16.

We’ll get our half decent loan players in end of August when teams above have decided what they’re doing first