Cove Rangers: Friendly

Just now, Tartan Army Par said:

Five at the back is honking.

Slow ponderous football, centre backs passing back and forward to each other,  then a punt because they opposition have loads of time to organise themselves and give us no room to attack. You also get the added frustration of watching KRH playing RWB. Rips my knitting watching him play so far back.

100% this. Not sure how anyone could argue otherwise . Our best performance of last season came against Dundee United playing a back 4 and having genuine width and we outplayed them

1 minute ago, kelty_par said:

100% this. Not sure how anyone could argue otherwise . Our best performance of last season came against Dundee United playing a back 4 and having genuine width and we outplayed them

I'm not arguing about formation. I disagree that season ticket sales will fall because we play a back 3/5 in a friendly. 

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm not arguing about formation. I disagree that season ticket sales will fall because we play a back 3/5 in a friendly. 

It’s not just in a friendly though is it? We played it majority of last season and it was painful to watch without much success

2 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

It’s not just in a friendly though is it? We played it majority of last season and it was painful to watch without much success

And yet we've both bought season tickets. It's almost as if we support the club......

Just now, da_no_1 said:

And yet we've both bought season tickets. It's almost as if we support the club......

I’ve maybe worded it badly but all I meant was negative tactics and football might put folk off going along. I’d always rather see us set up to have a go instead of behind the ball holding on. Nothing to fear in the league this year

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Five at the back is honking.

Slow ponderous football, centre backs passing back and forward to each other,  then a punt because they opposition have loads of time to organise themselves and give us no room to attack. You also get the added frustration of watching KRH playing RWB. Rips my knitting watching him play so far back.

Aye, we don't have the wide centre backs, or the wing backs to play the formation in such a way that it's actually attractive. 

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Maybe not so much in a friendly, but I do think the football we played last season has impacted sales to a degree. 

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Aye likewise. We're just very silly. 

Don't know anyone at the game but the stats are anything to go by, as you were from last season. One shot on target from ten.

I try not to get too worked up in Friendlies but its nice to be filled with some confidence going into games.

11 minutes ago, Al k said:

Don't know anyone at the game but the stats are anything to go by, as you were from last season. One shot on target from ten.

I try not to get too worked up in Friendlies but its nice to be filled with some confidence going into games.

Not going to judge in friendlies or even league cup to be honest.

Total different story when the season starts though. If we are still toothless and playing the same boring football where attack is seen as ''the salt in the soup'' as Thomas Meggle calls it, then my patience will run out. The work pre-season should have a big emphasis on how we can attack teams more effectively next season and attack with more numbers getting in the box. If it's same old, then McPake can ram it.

• Like 1