Cove Rangers: Friendly

Didn't play Falkirk under Hughes (Thank God), but his heading is terrible at times. He goes for headers with his eyes closed, which is the worst thing to do.

If he can stop that he'd be far more successful. Also work on the timing of his jumping too. 

When his heads down it's easy to get the basics wrong. 

He's useless in the air for a big guy of his physique.

Again I'd attribute that and any other limitations in his game more to a lack of instinctive ability rather than a lack of effort and coaching.

I'd love him to really make a significant impact this year and it really needs to be his season or he'll surely be moved on.

Re the balance between defence and attack, I reckon that in the last 10 seasons in the Championship, the team with the best defensive record has won the league in 9 out of the 10 - albeit one year it was the joint best.

The one exception was in 17/18 where St Mirren had the 2nd best defence (by one goal) and still won the league. The team with the best defence finished 4th that season...  

No prizes for guessing who managed to disprove the rule.

Anyway, there's something to be said for the first priority being not to concede.

3 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Re the balance between defence and attack, I reckon that in the last 10 seasons in the Championship, the team with the best defensive record has won the league in 9 out of the 10 - albeit one year it was the joint best.

The one exception was in 17/18 where St Mirren had the 2nd best defence (by one goal) and still won the league. The team with the best defence finished 4th that season...  

No prizes for guessing who managed to disprove the rule.

Anyway, there's something to be said for the first priority being not to concede.

What was those teams scoring record?