Club update

Granted its not really saying anything we don't know.

IMO its far better seeing/hearing someone going through it all rather than just 6/7 lines on the website. Far more positive statement around the signings coming in and what they are looking to do with the squad and youth.

• Upvote 1

No the debts a massive concern. Hoping we can get a bit more on this, within reason of course.

Next set of figures are going to be a big one. Unfortunately thats a while away yet.

We’ll get a GK then rest will be loans come end of the window. Worrying he thinks it’s all down to injuries and the squads got enough about it to challenge for promotion. Basically pinning our hopes on an injury free season. 

7 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Worrying he thinks it’s all down to injuries and the squads got enough about it to challenge for promotion.

He probably knows our squad is not strong enough but also knows there's no appetite to spend the money to get our squad to that level and just spinning it for the fans.

Out of the kids we have, I think only Taylor Sutherland is ready to appear fairly regularly in the first team/sub appearances . Delusional to think Jake Sutherland, Hoggan, Young etc are going to be suitable back up for our first 11 next season. Andy Tod has looked like a lost puppy the last 4=5 times I've seen him. I do think he will come good for us in years to come but he's not ready to be a serious first team player in the championship.

We've made two good signings in Kane and Wotherspoon but again our depth is going to bite us when suspensions and injuries kick in.  We need a GK, LB cover. and other midfielder as we've not replaced Allan. If we are going to play that back 3 then another CB too unless you start using the likes of Comrie, Hamilton and Otoo as cover and then start weakening other parts of the team at the same time.

4 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

Doubt it, we only have one GK currently. 

Yes, probably sign the Italian goalie and the Kiwi lad as cover?  I assume they are free agents and happy to get a deal on a modest wage ? The rest will almost certainly be loans? 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just watched this and I don't believe we're being told anything we don't know already (although I do think an update is a good thing). Can't move away from the fact we're still on for a significant loss this season. David Cook said spend would have to be reigned in and the recent boardroom shuffle are probably part of an effort to help carry that out. I've been consisent in my point of view that these losses are an issue and that they'd negatively affect the club I cant move on from that. It's obvious James McPake is brassed off with something and if he can't get this squad winning then I fear for his position. It's a rough ride being a Pars fan.

• Upvote 3