Fan Groups Meeting Tonight

No Raymie we haven't miles away from that.

I don't think the mentality of the club is even to consider promotion.

It sounds like get behind the scenes sorted first and hopefully the football will have enough to just keep things ticking over.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Legend85 said:

No Raymie we haven't miles away from that.

I don't think the mentality of the club is even to consider promotion.

It sounds like get behind the scenes sorted first and hopefully the football will have enough to just keep things ticking over.

Seen here earlier but crowds naturally will dwindle if there’s absolutely no ambition to make a go for it and go up

I cant recall when I last had so little enthusiasm about the start of a new season. Very reluctantly renewed my season ticket but another season of dull unattractive football and it may be the last season ticket I buy. So little entertaining football at EEP its becoming a dirge.

Can see us being in a real relegation battle. Our problems are there for all to see and yet not been addressed for three seasons now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I cant recall when I last had so little enthusiasm about the start of a new season. Very reluctantly renewed my season ticket but another season of dull unattractive football and it may be the last season ticket I buy. So little entertaining football at EEP its becoming a dirge.

Can see us being in a real relegation battle. Our problems are there for all to see and yet not been addressed for three seasons now.

Exactly how I feel Yorkie.

We are really boring to watch and the owners have no desire to gain promotion, which doesn't even give you the hope of better things to come.

I have serious doubts in the youth academy bringing us future success. It's nice to have but not to the detriment of the first team budget and short term ambitions. We've put all eggs in one basket with this academy and I think it will back fire with poor first team results and dwindling crowds.

Last season I missed nearly half the games on my season ticket and wasn't missing it when I did. Very nearly didn't renew  but I didn't want to lose the seat I've sat on for 16 years in a row.  If we serve up the same as last season I genuinely think that will be it for the season ticket next year. I've already cancelled my lifeline as it now doesn't go to helping the first team squad.

• Upvote 1

I really don't believe the academy/Rosyth has had that much of an impact on the first team budget? The money has been spent in other areas. We will have to speculate where, as we will never see full accounts and GmBH told shareholders no need to worry as they were taking care of things.

Its is what it is, as they say.

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MarkPar said:

Even though they are being transparent with the fans, in terms of keeping us in the loop with what's happening. It’s not good reading tbh. Not offering someone an extra £200 a week, just shows you where we are at. That could have been an extra body in, boost the squad etc. I’m trying to be optimistic, but pre season has told us we ain’t got no attacking threat, and Mcpake stated in the summer, this would be addressed. We are weaker than we were last season, and we were honking, in most games. 

Make take is it was an example and if that extra money took them outwidth of pay structure. Not that we wouldn't sign a player just because they wanted £200 more. 

• Upvote 1