Pars v Dundee: Friendly

The Pars face Dundee at 7.30pm tonight in another friendly at East End Park and this is the second match where we face Premier league opposition. In three previous friendly matches the Pars have yet to record a win and have only managed a single goal. With a Cup game due against The Spartans on Saturday, you would be hoping that that Pars should be fielding a team which should resemble their strongest side. However, I would imagine there will be plenty of second half substitutions. Hopefully Kane may see a season debut, however scope for trialist’s may be limited as management now appear to be looking towards the loan market. Overall this should be a good test for the Pars and hopefully a goal or two may help. COYP

Team News:

Mehmet

Comrie Fisher Breen Benedictus Ngwenya

Chalmers Otoo Wothersppon

Wighton

McCann

Bench: Hamilton, KRH Trialist (GK) Trialist, T Sutherland, Young, A Todd, Hoggan, McLeod, J Sutherland, Rowe

No Kane?

49 minutes ago, Legend85 said:

How anyone can think that squad is strong enough is beyond me.

Plus play the two triallists if you can't trust them in a friendly then when do you trust them

Goalie is going well for the trial, to warm the bench all season 

54 minutes ago, Legend85 said:

How anyone can think that squad is strong enough is beyond me.

Plus play the two triallists if you can't trust them in a friendly then when do you trust them

Pathway for kids that are not remotely ready to compete for first team places is the official line.Taylor Sutherland exempt.

The pathway for kids is a cover up for ''We don't want to spend money on too many ready made championship players''. Two experienced players have used up our whole budget. This will bite them on the erse and we will be scrambling for new faces in January to bail us out the shyte.

• Upvote 4

0-1 Dundee, Ngwenya OG after a daft foul given away by Wotherspoon. No more than they deserve, much sharper, bopped it about really well and we can’t really get near them. They look decent tbf

Just now, the saline hill puma said:

2-0

After an ok start I don't think we've been out out half for around 15 minutes 

I’ve just said in a chat, I don’t think we've done all that much wrong, they’ve just looked really sharp and moved the ball about really well. They’re a decent side.