Pars v Dundee: Friendly

44 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Missed this. What happened?

Seen on .net but apparently Mcpake was asking him if he was injured when on and he said no. Apparently then roaring at him saying do more etc. Tbh the system we play he doesn’t fit in 

1 hour ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Pathway for kids that are not remotely ready to compete for first team places is the official line.Taylor Sutherland exempt.

Bang on. Makes it even worse playing kids who aren’t ready for this level yet, added pressure they don’t need. No point moaning at management though as cook and meggle have basically said won’t be much more coming in. If we are full strength all season I think we will get 6/7th. Few injuries and we are in deep trouble 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Seen on .net but apparently Mcpake was asking him if he was injured when on and he said no. Apparently then roaring at him saying do more etc. Tbh the system we play he doesn’t fit in 

All the talk about there being no desperate signings last season at fan meeting's. That had to be one, signing a player at the wrong end of his career to play a position he's never played before.

Mental stuff I still can't get my head round. Folk still have a go at him. 

Edited by Al k
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Missed this. What happened?

MOH is the most lazy/cant care less player to put on a pars top in years…. 
McPake in his interview a week or 2 back said we can’t compete with wages compared to teams in the league…then Mr Cook comes out with a statement 2 days later. 
We offered Stevenson a 1 year deal, Raith offered 2…folk saying I’m negative before the season starts but we don’t have a full squad to compete in the top 3.

I'll admit I didn't make the game, but I'm disappointed that in 4 friendlies we have only managed one goal, it suggests to me we continue to have the same issues as last season and the problem is not being addressed  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

MOH is the most lazy/cant care less player to put on a pars top in years…. 
McPake in his interview a week or 2 back said we can’t compete with wages compared to teams in the league…then Mr Cook comes out with a statement 2 days later. 
We offered Stevenson a 1 year deal, Raith offered 2…folk saying I’m negative before the season starts but we don’t have a full squad to compete in the top 3.

Im more than happy not to offer 37 year olds two year deals. He’s also a Raith fan, didn’t matter what they offered, that’s where he was always going. 

Plenty talk about young players not being ready to challenge. I’ll tell you what, there’s a good 2/3 I wouldn’t hesitate to put in over some others. 

We finished the game with 7/8 youngsters on the park, one of them Freddie Rowe who is 16, and I’d definitely put Taylor in ahead of McCann, Tod looked ok, Jake Sutherland is a unit and could easily come off the bench, and McLeod in the middle came on had a few great touches and passes. The best thin though as they were all always positive and wanted to get down the sides and make things happen. Would they all start? No, but they mostly showed enough to get game time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I'd like to talk purely on ability and not age, and that goes both ways in not dismissing youth players over senior players but also not having a desire to play youth prospects just cos they've come through the academy. Let everyone go toe to toe in training every day and have the manager decide who to play each week based on who will help maximise our points total that week.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I'd like to talk purely on ability and not age, and that goes both ways in not dismissing youth players over senior players but also not having a desire to play youth prospects just cos they've come through the academy. Let everyone go toe to toe in training every day and have the manager decide who to play each week based on who will help maximise our points total that week.

No way these young lads are ready to compete in the top half of the championship…. See this is where I’m saying the team is not strong enough untill we see these players come through in a few seasons and that is the way our German friends are going. 2/3 seasons and we will see what youth has come through and progress.. 

imo it’s 5th to 9th spot this season and a big loss in finances……🤷

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

No way these young lads are ready to compete in the top half of the championship…. See this is where I’m saying the team is not strong enough untill we see these players come through in a few seasons and that is the way our German friends are going. 2/3 seasons and we will see what youth has come through and progress.. 

imo it’s 5th to 9th spot this season and a big loss in finances……🤷

Why stop at 9th? I hate being so negative about the pars especially when the season hasn't even started but having not resolved any of the issues from last season I could easily see us getting relegated.

On MOH, he’s certainly not lazy. Always put in a shift when I saw him last season. 

on the youngsters, McLeod impressed me in the time he was one. 
Taylor Sutherland prepared to take players on but maybe needs to develop a wee trick to get past his man easier ?

Wotherspoon had a few nice touches but  looked like he was looking after himself? 

I think we are going to miss Josh Edwards? 

Persisted with three at the back. I would have thought we could have experimented a little with a different formation during the three games. ? 

I think some of you boys could do with a timeout. We spent a large part of last season with Joe Chalmers and Paul Allan chasing shadows in midfield, our first choice midfield shoring up a defence, and a whole first XI in the infirmary at one point. We started season reasonably well and showed some signs of recovery when players returned but the disjointed nature of season had already taken its toll.

Do I think we still have problems to address? Yes. Do I think we're going to be challenging for title? No. But it seems hugely pessimistic to think we look like relegation cannon fodder. 

I'll have issues with the coaching staff before I have issues with the squad if I'm being honest. 

13 minutes ago, Legend85 said:

Why stop at 9th? I hate being so negative about the pars especially when the season hasn't even started but having not resolved any of the issues from last season I could easily see us getting relegated.

Aye. 

5 minutes ago, Raymie said:

On MOH, he’s certainly not lazy. Always put in a shift when I saw him last season. 

on the youngsters, McLeod impressed me in the time he was one. 
Taylor Sutherland prepared to take players on but maybe needs to develop a wee trick to get past his man easier ?

Wotherspoon had a few nice touches but  looked like he was looking after himself? 

I think we are going to miss Josh Edwards? 

Persisted with three at the back. I would have thought we could have experimented a little with a different formation during the three games. ? 

Aye, the discourse on MoH is wild, there's criticism to be had but I don't get the lazy shout. 

On your final two points I'd argue they go hand in hand, if we're playing 5 at the back it puts so much emphasis on the wing backs, Edwards was key to that, I'm genuinely shocked we're persisting with it, without him. 

3 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

I think some of you boys could do with a timeout. We spent a large part of last season with Joe Chalmers and Paul Allan chasing shadows in midfield, our first choice midfield shoring up a defence, and a whole first XI in the infirmary at one point. We started season reasonably well and showed some signs of recovery when players returned but the disjointed nature of season had already taken its toll.

Do I think we still have problems to address? Yes. Do I think we're going to be challenging for title? No. But it seems hugely pessimistic to think we look like relegation cannon fodder. 

I'll have issues with the coaching staff before I have issues with the squad if I'm being honest. 

We're one injury from our left back/a cb away from having Chalmers back in the team. 

We don't need to be cannon fodder to be relegated, Inverness were relegated last year with a positive GD. 

I think we're more likely to finish in the bottom two than the top four. 

• Upvote 2