Pars v Dundee: Friendly

11 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

McPake spoke 2 weeks ago and in his statement it’s clear he has wanted players but they are not within the club budget.

i pass the club training ground every day and it just looks like a ****ehole with a condemned boarded up building with a brand new Astro pitch….embarrassing tbh

It's not finished yet so how can it be embarrassing?

31 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Persisted with three at the back. I would have thought we could have experimented a little with a different formation during the three games. ? 

The second half was 442 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Do I think we still have problems to address? Yes. Do I think we're going to be challenging for title? No. But it seems hugely pessimistic to think we look like relegation cannon fodder. 

With a division so tight (and likely to be tighter again with no Dundee United or Arbroath) if you're not competitive at the top end then relegation is a strong possibility. 

Anyway, the B.O.D have made their plan clear, decisions have been made and I'm not prepared to give up on a single point until a ball is kicked. I hope for a good season.  They'll reap the rewards and face the consequences of however this works out. 

Our defence is quite a bit worse off than end of last season. Up front not much different. Hamilton and Otoo look like they will shuffled about again covering defence due to our tight ***ed owners not spending money on a proper squad. Allan punted and no replacement. 

I think we are sleep walking into relegation battle.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

I'll have issues with the coaching staff before I have issues with the squad if I'm being honest. 

Why? They’ve both said they are under budget constraints and clearly aren’t getting backed. Cook and meggle both spinning it about not paying wages etc. yes you can argue about formations etc which I agree Mcpake has faults when sticking with the back 5. But as the saying goes, can only pish with the **** you’ve got 

6 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Why? They’ve both said they are under budget constraints and clearly aren’t getting backed. Cook and meggle both spinning it about not paying wages etc. yes you can argue about formations etc which I agree Mcpake has faults when sticking with the back 5. But as the saying goes, can only pish with the **** you’ve got 

I'm not ready to unload on McPake at the start of a new season. I just think this squad is capable of mid table. If we fall short, I think the post-morten needs to also look at the coaching staff too. 

Just shows how far the standards have slipped when we are talking about mid table finishes before a balls kicked. Not saying go chuck cash at it as that’s ludicrous but just makes it feel so underwhelming going into the season struggling infront of goals for the 3rd season running and not being addressed 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Just shows how far the standards have slipped when we are talking about mid table finishes before a balls kicked.

I've certainly dropped my standards of what can be expected this season,  there's some that will be happy with that, but it's really a damming indictment of where we are as a football club. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kelty_par said:

Just shows how far the standards have slipped when we are talking about mid table finishes before a balls kicked. Not saying go chuck cash at it as that’s ludicrous but just makes it feel so underwhelming going into the season struggling infront of goals for the 3rd season running and not being addressed 

Ffs. Only trying to counter the argument that we have a squad facing relegation. As for the "standards have slipped" comment, 3 years ago Peter Grant and Yogi Hughes oversaw an absolute **** show of a season and 2 years ago, we spent a season in league 1. Last year we flirted with relegation playoffs. From where I'm sitting, managing at least mid-table would actually be an improvement.

Just because I don't subscribe to the belief that we can build or buy a a Championship-challenging squad in a year or two, whilst also investing a significant amount of money in infrastructure, doesn't mean my standards are slipping. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Ffs. Only trying to counter the argument that we have a squad facing relegation. As for the "standards have slipped" comment, 3 years ago Peter Grant and Yogi Hughes oversaw an absolute **** show of a season and 2 years ago, we spent a season in league 1. Last year we flirted with relegation playoffs. From where I'm sitting, managing at least mid-table would actually be an improvement.

Just because I don't subscribe to the belief that we can build or buy a a Championship-challenging squad in a year or two, whilst also investing a significant amount of money in infrastructure, doesn't mean my standards are slipping. 

Squads still got the same issues from 3 years ago. Can’t score goals or create enough chances. Fair enough last season with injuries etc but near enough every other team that’s came up from league one have had a right go and mostly ended up top 4 every season. Just think in a league wide open as this just aiming for mid table is a poor show