The Pars v Forfar Ath: Premier Sports Cup

10 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Heard its getting rebranded/changed up in some way. Maybe waiting to launch it?

Edit - Hospitality is online to book now and has been changed. Must not be doing it for LC. Its only 1 course now for the lesser games. And the 3 course is for the bigger(Falkirk etc) games with additional price.

Looked on the website and saw the league games info only, that's I emailed.  If there isn't anything then fair enough but a reply would have been common courtesy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Al k said:

Poor, at least with Grant we gubbed teams in the league cup.

Squads a mess, tactics are shocking and lost faith in the owners. Next two games better be something good.

Forget about a back-up keeper Memhet is shocking. Should have had someone in on a six month loan at least.

Hope Kane was being saved for saturday, if not we can't relief on Mccann as Wighton sounds like hes finished with his ongoing issues him and Memhet still have four years between. 

Mcpake has as much responsibility in this, his long term deals and pish tactics. The end of last season should have put this 5 at the back to bed.

As of which I'm away too, so ****ing angry with everything around the club at the moment. 

I've been that way for some time. I've renewed my season ticket but decided to withdraw from participating in the fan communication sessions as I'd just likely end being at loggerheads in public with the way things appear to be going. I'm not happy at all. 

• Upvote 1

Its going to be a season that ends in relegation based on that dreadful performance. No player got pass marks and McPake must be on his last warning. Looking at the first 5 league fixtures I cant see us winning any of them.

Mcpake needs to take blame re tactics, but his hands are tied with recruitment. However, he handed out new deals to most of the dross we’ve got signed up. New GK required asap so mehmet can warm the bench. He costs more points than he’ll save most of the time 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Mcpake needs to take blame re tactics, but his hands are tied with recruitment. However, he handed out new deals to most of the dross we’ve got signed up. New GK required asap so mehmet can warm the bench. He costs more points than he’ll save most of the time 

Mehmet can make good shot stopping saves but for every good save he has,  a gaff is not far behind to balance it out. Never seen a goalkeeper make so many mistakes. Also when he comes out to claim a ball it seems to cause mass panic in our defence. He' so unsure of himself. It's not back up required. It's a replacement. We can't afford it though because the owners have wasted money on vanity projects. No only have we  wasted money but have massively over spent on things that are not required. Expensive academies and commercial managers. Nah.

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

My Grandad has been going to east end since the 1950s and says this is probably the most amateurish set up he has ever seen. We both usually get our season tickets straight away but held off until near the deadline. 

What parts does he find amateurish? Recruitment or the way the team is set up or other stuff?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

What parts does he find amateurish? Recruitment or the way the team is set up or other stuff?

Yes all of it. He has been saying for a while now that it's being run by a bunch of amateurs. We only seen 2 good home games all last season and probably won't even see that many this season.

4 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Yes all of it. He has been saying for a while now that it's being run by a bunch of amateurs. We only seen 2 good home games all last season and probably won't even see that many this season.

Our owners a delusional about our youth's ability to back up a tiny first team squad. Even worse they are utter clueless about running a second tier Scottish football club. They need to sell up. On top of that, a new management team required. Boring rubbish again from those two.

• Upvote 3

Five at the back is turgid sjit that we can’t play, we need footballers to do that and a keeper who can actually find a team mate, get that shot right in the sea. We are killing player’s confidence by playing them out of their position to suit this **** system. Bene and Comrie were done numerous times last night and looked a shadow of their former selves. Wotherspoon looked good for a while then gave up the ghosts but chalmers and o’halloran looked ok when they came on. I cannot understand the rationale of playing Sutherland out wide with McCann through the middle. McCann ran about though and managed to jump under/over balls all night.

That keeper is a concern, whilst the defending for the first goal was poor he goes and palms it right out to an opposition player (as he did to cost us goals last year) from an angle that he should be putting it round the post or holding it. Second goal just sums him up for me. Might be a nice guy and all that but an absolute liability. Was hoping we’d signed the Forfar goalie at half time, even though he didn’t look particularly fit and may have been a test driver for Greggs.

Said last season there is something fundamentally wrong inside the club and it does not feel good. Season ticket now looks like two games against Falkirk and Raith are expensive ones, can’t see me going through this **** week in week out this year…..again.

We need to pay what it costs in order to sign an experienced keeper to compete with Mehmet rather than having Mehmet always start and not sign some youngster just to play in the reserves. I thought last season Dabrowski who was then signed by Raith Rovers would have made a huge difference to our defence. 

Until then do we not have  a goalkeeping coach who can be registered as a player and sit on the bench so that we have cover if Mehmet is unavailable?