That has to be a wake up call for the Board

Surely they need to rethink the strategy they have in place?  While developing our own talent etc is admirable we don’t have young players good enough to play Championship football. Young, Tod, Sutherland should all be out playing 30/40 games in the lower leagues.

Injuries to 4 players and we are down to the bare bones already. 3 of these (Kane, Wighton and Breen) are unfortunately massively injury prone. 

We badly need some established players at this level who can hit the ground if there are any left. Can’t think of many but Kerr McInroy is an obvious one? Cammy Kerr would have ticked a lot of boxes.

Based on tonight we are heading back to League 1.  

We are probably another couple of bad results/performances, particularly at East End, away from a toxic atmosphere.

i don’t blame McPake and actually feel sorry for him as it’s him that gets the pelters!

9 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Surely they need to rethink the strategy they have in place?  While developing our own talent etc is admirable we don’t have young players good enough to play Championship football. Young, Tod, Sutherland should all be out playing 30/40 games in the lower leagues.

Injuries to 4 players and we are down to the bare bones already. 3 of these (Kane, Wighton and Breen) are unfortunately massively injury prone. 

We badly need some established players at this level who can hit the ground if there are any left. Can’t think of many but Kerr McInroy is an obvious one? Cammy Kerr would have ticked a lot of boxes.

Based on tonight we are heading back to League 1.  

We are probably another couple of bad results/performances, particularly at East End, away from a toxic atmosphere.

i don’t blame McPake and actually feel sorry for him as it’s him that gets the pelters!

The owners won't change. They've taken us down before and came back up. If they take us down again , then it time to mothball the academy and for them to ship out. The club is going nowhere under them.

Still need a centre back, cover for full backs, a centre mid as we haven’t replaced Allan and probably at this rate another striker as we’ve got 2 injury prone ones and one that can’t hit a barn door! Great hearing all the plans for training ground etc, what’s the plan for the actual 1st team?? The product on the pitch and the most important at any football club 

50 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

McPake sounds a defeated man and I think he could be close to walking away. 

Tbh I wouldn’t blame him. He has never been backed properly in transfer windows. Yes he gets some things wrong but what manager doesn’t?

10 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Tbh I wouldn’t blame him. He has never been backed properly in transfer windows. Yes he gets some things wrong but what manager doesn’t?

We would be struggling to find another manager who would want to come here.

The board doesn’t sen to realise that the success of a football club, revolves around the success of the first team. 

They have got it all backwards, improving facilities and building youth development, at the expense of the first team, in the hope they can find a gem of a player, in the hope of selling him on, is madness.

The last time we had a quality youngster come through the ranks was in the 90s, with Jackie.

We are already without 4 players, and the season hasn’t started yet.

No back up goalkeeper, no cover for full backs, no creativity, in the final third.

I could go on. 

With no investment planned on improvement of players. Mcpake will for the sack, if performances continue, and it’s clearly not all his fault!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

McPake sounds a defeated man and I think he could be close to walking away. 

I disagree, I think he sounds raging, at his players, and rightly so. He was going absolutely mental in the first half at Otoo, again, rightly so, and the three subs at one tme along with the following comments in his post match interview show exactly where his anger lies and I didn't disagree with a thing he said.

• Upvote 1

Much as the players didn’t turn up, Mcpake is the one who insists on playing a formation that doesn’t suit the players we have available. KRH for example, is an out and out winger so he keeps getting played through the middle or wingback? Think everyone needs a hard look at themselves and better react on Saturday or we’ll be out this cup already 

• Upvote 5

While McPake isn't entirely to blame, I also think absolving him of allot of blame to be weird. In the end the players we had available should've seen us have enough to beat Forfar. As it is they started off in the wrong formation and it was just a mess, his subs were rubbish and we ended up with 2?shots on target. Throughout his tenure we have fairly consistently looked like a very poor side going forward, I can't see that changing this season. 

• Upvote 2

Throughout the game Forfar looked more comfortable defensively than we did , which is a huge concern.Our players showed no sense of urgency, very little movement off the ball.Speed of passing was pedestrian.

38 minutes ago, Digs said:

I disagree, I think he sounds raging, at his players, and rightly so. He was going absolutely mental in the first half at Otoo, again, rightly so, and the three subs at one tme along with the following comments in his post match interview show exactly where his anger lies and I didn't disagree with a thing he said.

Digs, these are senior/experienced players we are talking about. Is it possible that they are not buying into the manager's way of playing any more? This isn't a one off, imo? There has been a trend in recent weeks and months

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 5