That has to be a wake up call for the Board

I have to say Benedictus has been very poor in every game I've seen so far which is concerning as normally you can rely on him to set the standard. Wotherspoon played ok last night, everything was going through him, but the rest of them were an utter disgrace. Mehmet and Bene have been calamitous at times, making simple mistakes and causing carnage at the back on numerous occasions in the games they have played so far. 

Not having someone who can actually compete for Mehmet's jersey is a joke, he can do whatever he wants and still be first on the teamsheet every week. 

We have played 2 competitive games and are already without Breen, Todd, Kane & Wighton. The signs were there from last season, every man and his dog can see these guys are made of chocolate. Another long, injury laden, below average season awaits...... I imagine I'm not the only one regretting renewing their season ticket so soon.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Uninspiring, play not to lose stuff. Glad I never went last night.

That's not really how we played last night (and not just because we did lose!)

We were well in control of the ball for the majority of the game and were attacking/building almost throughout. We had very little incisiveness though, at least until the substitutions, when Chalmers' passing and O'Halloran's running started to make a difference.

As I said higher up the thread, Bene had a great chance to score and somehow put his close range header wide... and then 60 seconds later it was 2-0 after Mehmet's poor kick out. But if he'd directed his header inside the post I think we'd have probably won 2-1 or 3-1 in the end.

I'm not saying it was good, far from it, but we weren't playing not to lose.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SanguinePar said:

I'm not saying it was good, far from it, but we weren't playing not to lose.

I agree with this. 

The drama is while I agree we were set out to "win", we look so poorly set up as an attacking force, that even with us having lots of the ball it didn't actually translate to anything. 

Wotherspoon played like Dorrans did for us, it seemed to be the instruction was to give him the ball (often far too deep), but he didn't actually create any chances, have any shots etc. He's meant to be be our Trequartista, and yet as an attacking force we were humpty last night. 

Last night was little to do with the board's running of the club.  The team that played, plus the subs, should have been good enough to beat Forfar.  This one is on McPake, the coaching staff and the players themselves.

To be fair to McPake, it is unusual for the side to lose to a side that they really should beat.  I think he does struggle to get results against teams that look better on paper, with the Utd home game in March being the exception.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis

44 minutes ago, Grant said:

Wotherspoon played like Dorrans did for us

I actually thought he looked alright in terms of picking the ball up and moving it on to someone or running with it for a bit. But yeah, not much from him in terms of incisive final ball through, nor shots.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

Digs, these are senior/experienced players we are talking about. Is it possible that they are not buying into the manager's way of playing any more? This isn't a one off, imo? There has been a trend in recent weeks and months

Absolutely not. This isn’t Stephen Kenny, ice baths and throw in practice we’re talking about here. 

This is basic stuff not being done. Not one player from the midfield in the first half came and took the ball off the defence to play through the lines. It was left to Bene who is hardly Pirlo. As well as those players not doing their job, he, especially as Captain has a responsibility to tell them to get their finger out and come and play. As well as deliver roastings for not enough movement. It only changed when he made the 3 subs and you had Chalmers actually trying to make things happen and move the ball. 

I generally don’t criticise the team too much but there was so much wrong last night there’s no defending it. Too many players not at the races (Otoo done twice for the first goal), KRH wandering all over the shop to then cut inside and pass it five yards sideways, McCann deciding he wants to play through the middle so he can mistime headers all night forcing Sutherland wide out of position, and Comrie and Ngwenya not demanding the ball and making early enough runs when there were multiple opportunities to stretch them. 

This isn’t down to the formation, it’s down to personal responsibility of just being ‘at it’. Very few of them were. 

It says everything when O’Halloran can come on and make a difference. 

• Upvote 3

Otoo was clearly rinsed for the first goal. There is an argument that Mehmet could have done better than just palm it out  but we failed to clear our lines. Mehmet had an absolute howler kicking the ball out for the second. There wasn't a Pars player anywhere near but the Forfar players were still able to get through our defence. Comrie was well off it and genuinely appears to have lost pace. Far too often players were caught in possession. Forfar had a game plan to load set plays but were given presents instead, after that they were able to defend easily and they always looked a threat at set plays. We had a lot of the ball but no guile. Chalmers, O'Halleran helped and KRH was better in the 2nd but effectively the game was lost at 1-0. Its clear that lessons have not been learned from last season and disappointing that we are at risk of not qualifying from this league section and losing out on valuable cash once more       

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

I actually thought he looked alright in terms of picking the ball up and moving it on to someone or running with it for a bit. But yeah, not much from him in terms of incisive final ball through, nor shots.

To play the incisive ball through someone has to be looking to get on the end of it, that just wasn't happening. It was frustrating watching Wotherspoon lifting his head looking for a pass then having to go backwards or sideways. 

14 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Chalmers and O'Halloran offered more off the bench than just about anyone who started.

Absolutely, both played well when they came on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thought along with Chalmers & O'Halloran, that young Andrew Tod and T.Sutherland were having a go at the end as well. Other than that, it was a total **** show. So many times we had a chance to get in behind and the pass was not forthcoming and the times they did try, the pass was that shocking that the defender could intercept it without breaking his stride.

At the time I thought Mehmet was at fault for the first goal, but gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was maybe a powerful strike and hard to do much with...... but just rewatched the highlights now and he made an arse of it. Otoo wasn't much better in the lead up to it, but Mehmet just needed to parry it out for a corner.

The second goal was even worse and it isn't the first time he's done that this season already. His pass out was horrendous and he done the exact same against St Mirren a couple of weeks ago which luckily they didn't score from.

Mehmet mistake against St Mirren & Forfar second goal - How many goals is he going to cost us this season? 

I'm an eternal optimist as far as the Pars go & I'm regularly accused on .nut of blindly defending the club whatever they do.

That being said, I'm utterly sick of where we find ourselves just now. I've just started my 40th season watching the Pars and I can't remember feeling less optimistic about a season than I do at this point.

Our owners seem oblivious to the fact that so many fans are so disillusioned with the club & the way it's being run.

I can absolutely handle losing a few games & the normal ****e that football fans at this level have to put up with but it just seems like everywhere you turn there is something not right. Apart from the new away top I can't think of ANYTHING that our owners are getting right.  

• Upvote 3

Interesting words in The Courier today…..”With apparent tensions between management and decision-makers, and fan disgruntlement at performances and a lack of signings, perhaps it is time for that better communication to come from on high.”

I was called a liar a couple of weeks ago for posting something similar regarding the "tensions" inside KDM Group East End Park.

They should just come out and say "Look, we don't have a pot to p!ss in, even though we got grants for Rosyth we have no idea where all the money has gone, the building will never get touched, we have some portacabins in there now to tide us over and our ambition this season is to finish above the relegation playoff places."