The Team

Before we get onto the management, Cook and Meggle….the team don’t look like they are happy playing what they are told to. You could see this by playing players out of position and there was no intensity/dig or fight in the play?

So has McPake (and we know mostly all the players he wanted in went to other teams) just playing the defensive game as if we went attacking we would get pumped?

Then we have Mr Cook who came from Man City with a vast amount of knowledge to negotiate bringing players in and getting more money into the club…

imo it has to be Meggle and investors etc making these decisions as there is no way Mr Cook makes all negotiations🤷 And never signs any player McPake asks for then the go and sign for our rivals? 

so 1million in loss and really all we have is an Astro pitch with fek all and ****ty portakabins that need all plumbing/heating installed.. that will cost £££££

It’s a ****show now and thank god I never renewed my ST but had to buy an away top! 

Anyway can’t wait for the Livi game on Saturday… 

From my understanding,

Cook never had a on the pitch facing role at his previous clubs, they were much more marketing based.

Once the recruitment team( which I believe is mcpake, mackay, meagle and cook) make a decision to try sign any particular player mcpake and mackay are no longer involved. Any negotiations from that point follow a strick salary structure.  

On the players, I wouldn't say they were planning a revolt but did seem to be on different pages from each other last night,  It wasn't uncommon for 2/3 players to be asking for contradictory things from each other.

Like a lot of these discussions on forums conjecture and supposition are often part of the deal. What fans don't know factually usually manifests as assumptions and opinions, I include myself in this. 

There's no doubt it's currently frustrating being a Pars fan and I wish it were different. 

I think we get the league underway and give the team our support, a few decent results would then build everyone's confidence. What happens in the background is what worries me (obviously). Tbf though the recent improvements in fan communication is welcomed, as is the efforts in social media output. I don't want us to fail to say I told you so, I want us united and included, but there's a way to go yet.

• Upvote 3

Piracy there is nothing to suggest we will get results early doors just to even keep things remotely calm.

This is the most down I've been about a league season starting so much so I think we will get relegated.

The squad is poor and the style of play is as equally poor

• Upvote 1

No real disagreement on what's been said, I'm just giving my opinion on the present situation, and in no way am I currently dealing in Unicorns and Rainbows. I'm just hoping we can get things on track on the pitch, there's plenty scope for upping frustrations levels yet. My consistent frustrations have been with the club, not the team.

• Upvote 1

Just my take on it, but it seems there’s no intent on investing into the first team squad. If **** hits the fan during the season they’ll end up backing the manager then. Teams in this league would kill to get the gates we do, yet there’s no money apparently?? Fans yet again pile in on ST’s and new kits and get **** all back

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Just my take on it, but it seems there’s no intent on investing into the first team squad. If **** hits the fan during the season they’ll end up backing the manager then. Teams in this league would kill to get the gates we do, yet there’s no money apparently?? Fans yet again pile in on ST’s and new kits and get **** all back

Totally agree with this. As an example both Kerr McInroy and Blair Alston are available. I would think both would add depth, quality and variety to our midfield. Especially given Todd is out for 3 months (plus the time to get match fit).  Don’t think either would be wanting paid millions either!

• Upvote 4

I have no inside knowledge whatsoever but from the outside it looks like we have owners who are utterly focussed on getting the training ground/base/academy up & running asap (so there must be incentives to do so, maybe from UEFA/FIFA) whilst keeping the rest of the footballing side of the club running at bare minimum to minimise or even eliminate losses. So players will only be signed if absolutely necessary, left back/keeper being the only 2 we really desperately need. The squad will be relying on the young guys to step in as & when required. The aim looks to be survival, not consolidation. If the owners went public with that (they won't) then at least we'd all know where we stand. In the meantime we'll all sit here getting more & more ****ed off as other similar sized clubs with (on the face of it) much smaller resources sign players that we should be vying for, but in reality are probably not even trying to get.

Just my take on it.

• Upvote 7

Like others have said, I think they continue to under-estimate how hard this league is and probably over-estimating how well the young team can challenge the senior players. I do agree they are giving Rosyth lots of attention and hoping they get the balance right but it's clear they haven't so far. There's a very fine line between being reasonably comfortable in this league and being relegated, and the latter would be catastrophic. While I'm generally a fan of what they are trying to do, they absolutely need to give the first XI more investment. I suspect they are looking to loan deals the lift the bar - reduces exposure to longer contracts, especially if struggling to get the quality we want, and keeps open possibility of bringing in players from higher leagues that aren't going to get game time. By end of loan window, I'm certain the squad will look better but a shocking start will cause a lot of damage both in terms of morale and league position (and possibly cost McPake his job).

That said, I'm still more concerned about McPake than the owners. We're weak mentally, formation is questionable, the football is pedestrian, and signing record is OK but hardly stellar. We can moan about the owners all we want, but failing to beat Forfar with that first XI has got me asking more questions of the coaching team than the owners. I look at what Rhys McCabe is doing at Airdrie, with - at best - a comparable first XI/squad to ours, and can't really put all the blame on the owners.

If I'm looking for positives, I'd much rather these issues bubble to the surface now than coming off the rails in November. While we've lost time compared to others in the league, there's still plenty of time left in the window for the club to do business. Going along to Livi on Saturday and see what the reaction to Tuesday night looks like. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

I have no inside knowledge whatsoever but from the outside it looks like we have owners who are utterly focussed on getting the training ground/base/academy up & running asap (so there must be incentives to do so, maybe from UEFA/FIFA) whilst keeping the rest of the footballing side of the club running at bare minimum to minimise or even eliminate losses. So players will only be signed if absolutely necessary, left back/keeper being the only 2 we really desperately need. The squad will be relying on the young guys to step in as & when required. The aim looks to be survival, not consolidation. If the owners went public with that (they won't) then at least we'd all know where we stand. In the meantime we'll all sit here getting more & more ****ed off as other similar sized clubs with (on the face of it) much smaller resources sign players that we should be vying for, but in reality are probably not even trying to get.

Just my take on it.

Exactly. It's all well and good Meggle telling a few blokes in a room on a Tuesday evening that our targets are X amount of goals and X amount of points, but that doesn't filter down through the fanbase. Proper comms is required to state what their actual ambition and long term plans are.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The weird thing for me is how often the players don't seem to know what to do, where to run, when to press, etc. Looks for all the world like a team who aren't well coached. The plan at the moment seems to be "give it Spoony". Everything else seems to be an afterthought. 

Its been like that for a while Salvo 

1 hour ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Whole thing from root to tip is disjointed at the moment and wants sorted, not happy times. Thought this was the job of a CEO to link the board/customer/product and add value?

You have to wonder about all these directors we have and what they actually do. We have two new members and it's never really been officially announced.

• Upvote 2