Livi v Pars: Premier Sports Cup

The Pars perhaps face their biggest challenge in the Premier Sports Cup today as we head over the bridge to face Livingston. After an embarrassing defeat against Forfar we now face a team relegated from the Premier League and are likely to be strong candidates for the Championship title. After a decent 3-0 performance against Spartans the Pars did initially appear to take some confidence into the Forfar game but this was displaced and after gifting two goals away they were unable to break down a well marshalled League 2 defence. The Managers pre-match comments suggest that Wighton and Breen are fit to return, but Kane Remains sidelined. We have also signed a young keeper as back up on loan as a temporary cover. Although this is a cup game this is also a game that will set the tone for the league campaign where we will face one of the teams in direct competition to ourselves. Todays result will be important, the performance even more so. COYP

• The title was changed to Livi v Pars: Premier Sports Cup
26 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

I've absolutely no hope for this one. No expectations. Anything gained is a bonus. 

Agree. Manager and squad have a lot to prove today and performance will go a long way to setting tone for next month. Win and Forfar result looks like a blip, and we have increased confidence the first XI might be strong enough to compete. Lose, and it will compound the pressure on squad and continue to destroy morale. Lose heavily and it is absolutely critical the club take some corrective action as soon as possible. 

4 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Could also argue that a win merely papers over the cracks……

Possibly, but I genuinely think we still have a good first XI so not necessarily papering over cracks. Regardless, if we want to attract players or build belief in the players that are here, a win would obviously be welcome respite.  

39 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Possibly, but I genuinely think we still have a good first XI so not necessarily papering over cracks. Regardless, if we want to attract players or build belief in the players that are here, a win would obviously be welcome respite.  

Agree with all of that. Just so much negativity floating about just now.

• Like 2

The team we can put out today should be able to compete with every side in the league.

I'm not in the 'McPake Out' camp but I think he's got a bit to prove. He just about gets a pass for last season as he had to firefight at the turn of the year, but given we left Arbroath in 4th place, the finish to the season was pretty uninspiring.

• Upvote 1

Cant think this has been anything other than a major **** up by the club in not having this registration in place. They would have been well aware of the time  constraints involved Given his late signing on Friday night (why was this not done earlier?) and why was it not through the registration process before now! Cook needs to give an explanation. If there is any mitagation it may be the global IT outage?? . Good to see Breen and Wighton back albeit I suspect they will need to be subbed after 60. Kane seems to be having more than just a ongoing issue it would appear

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Superally said:

Cant think this has been anything other than a major **** up by the club in not having this registration in place. They would have been well aware of the time  constraints involved Given his late signing on Friday night (why was this not done earlier?) and why was it not through the registration process before now! Cook needs to give an explanation. If there is any mitagation it may be the global IT outage?? . Good to see Breen and Wighton back albeit I suspect they will need to be subbed after 60. Kane seems to be having more than just a ongoing issue it would appear

Wighton on bench Ally.

• Like 1