Livi v Pars: Premier Sports Cup

16 minutes ago, Yorkiepar said:

Dear lord, there’re some right dour, depressing types on this forum ………. though not as many as on another that will remain nameless! 🙂 
Get things in perspective, guys. There are worse things happening in the world other than having a crap squad for the upcoming season.

You know how it is though, fans are fickle and it'll come as no surprise those very fans are currently upset about the way the club appear to be running things. In reference to how the world is, yeah, it's a dangerous and unsettled place just now, but that has no connection for me in relation to how the Pars are doing. 

I'd imagine we all have a reasonable perspective on life in general.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Yorkiepar said:

Dear lord, there’re some right dour, depressing types on this forum ………. though not as many as on another that will remain nameless! 🙂 
Get things in perspective, guys. There are worse things happening in the world other than having a crap squad for the upcoming season.

Indeed you support the team regardless. I left Dunfermline in 1977 and the Pars were not good then. I returned in 1984 and the Pars were in a bad place but my first game was a League Cup against Celtic and this guy called Jim Leishman was in charge. Another guy called John Watson scored 2 goals in a 2 to 2 draw. Things went from strength to strength. It was always the Pars for me and it always will be. Thick and thin my friends.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Disappointing once again. There was talk earlier that losing out on prize money was an issue and yet we continue to do so. Losing 2-0 to Forfar is not good enough. Losing 1-0 to Livi is sadly a indication of how tough its going to be in the Championship.   

34 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

McPake aff please.

Normally I'd say your crazy for a statement like that in July.

I'm 65% there, I even gave Grant benefit until I saw the line-up against The Rangers in the cup game.

No desire to change things even after being proved wrong with a different formation. If He's played 5 at the back again and McCann's been upfront on his own. KRH playing RWB or in the middle of midfield then that changes to 95%.

Hes really not helping himself, never mind the arse Meggles and the board are making of everything else.

Gonna have to be some rabbits we start pulling out of hats for the next "signings". Can hardly even play the ones hes signed so far in their positions.

Theres only been two seasons after a preseason iv thought we are going down. Davie Hay and Peter Grant, im now on my 3rd.

Edited by Al k
Added bit more.
  • Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Out the cup already. Much needed prize money gone. 

Not out yet (I don't think?), although it looks tough.

Need Spartans to beat Forfar, then Livi to beat Spartans and us to beat Cove, and also need to improve GD vs Spartans by a couple.

Actually, is it GD or head to head record first? If GD, the above applies, and we could also make it if Forfar and Spartans draw, we beat Cove and Livi beat Spartans.

If it's head to head first, then the first scenario would apply, but GD wouldn't matter.

5 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Not out yet (I don't think?), although it looks tough.

Need Spartans to beat Forfar, then Livi to beat Spartans and us to beat Cove, and also need to improve GD vs Spartans by a couple.

Actually, is it GD or head to head record first? If GD, the above applies, and we could also make it if Forfar and Spartans draw, we beat Cove and Livi beat Spartans.

If it's head to head first, then the first scenario would apply, but GD wouldn't matter.

We are out, 6 points not enough to top group and only 3 best placed runners up get through