Livi v Pars: Premier Sports Cup

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I've seen folk on forums claim our CEO is on 100K a year? Surely not?

I have heard various numbers between 140, 160 and even 200K

Things are at crisis point now, if they aren't addressed then we're finishing 10th.

Hard hitting questions need asked and not just a fluff piece for the website.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Probably or wouldn’t be shocked if it was higher. Ross McArthur didnt take a wage as we all know and this probably funded 2/3 extra players 

13 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I would be shocked if it was much lower.  That was the rumoured cost of other CEO's at our level about a decade ago. It should be easily funded if they perform their job well.

Surely not 100k for Cook? And he’s not offering an extra years contract for an experienced left back like Lewis Stevenson? So he goes to the Rovers. 
See if the team don’t perform I really think there will be turmoil if Falkirk win at EEP!  

GmbH said they wanted to proffesionalise the club, hence bringing in David Cook. He's obviously on a good salary and his background is impressive. With him onboard I was initially excited about him helping take us to the next level. I'm struggling to agree that we've moved forward in any significant way to date since he became CEO. 

Bringing in Alister Burn as Commercial Manager on paper made absolute sense if we could build and maximise commercial opportunities. There's been a few initiatives being fair and let's hope further initiatives come to fruition and earn us cash.

I think James McPake is a hugely passionate and honest individual. I think he's probably frustrated at budget constraints not matching his ambitions. I think he's possibly being over cautious in his decision making due to the limited squad size and the haunting of last seasons injury situation.

We have loyal support and a fanbase with real growth potential. We have a ground and facilities to be proud of. Ross McArthur and Co did a good job of saving the club and putting the club on a reasonably stable platform. DAFC Fussball GmbH then had the chance to take us forward to another level with their plans, combined expertise and finance. They've put their money where their mouth is but given the £1million loss last season and strong rumours about a 6 figure projected loss for this season I'm not convinced about financial prudence being a huge priority. But wtf do I know, in fact what do any of us really know? 

Yes there's efforts to improve fan communication and that has to be welcomed, but I'm not sure that's enough to control any narrative now and calm any growing discontent. Fans aren't stupid, there's evidently something not right. I understand those running the club will be unhappy with how things are, but unfortunately if you're in any leading position in life you're judged on results. Now is the time for them to step up and provide leadership. Just to add, I think we're rookit with no cash reserves of any significance. I think that's really becoming evident now. The club should be telling us exactly where we are at and at least that way we can take in the facts and make sense of the situation. They'd get more respect. 

As a footnote, you know something, I don't think I've got the will to deal with the growing negativity and growing apathy. It's actually depressing, it just shouldn't be this way. 

• Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Iv heard Cook is hard to deal with at all levels within the club and is just an arrogant person🤷 

You see, no matter how frustrated you get it's always worth considering not taking things to a personal level. I've heard all sorts of things but I'm not bringing it here as it's second hand. Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Piracy said:

GmbH said they wanted to proffesionalise the club, hence bringing in David Cook. He's obviously on a good salary and his background is impressive. With him onboard I was initially excited about him helping take us to the next level. I'm struggling to agree that we've moved forward in any significant way to date since he became CEO. 

Bringing in Alister Burn as Commercial Manager on paper made absolute sense if we could build and maximise commercial opportunities. There's been a few initiatives being fair and let's hope further initiatives come to fruition and earn us cash.

I think James McPake is a hugely passionate and honest individual. I think he's probably frustrated at budget constraints not matching his ambitions. I think he's possibly being over cautious in his decision making due to the limited squad size and the haunting of last seasons injury situation.

We have loyal support and a fanbase with real growth potential. We have a ground and facilities to be proud of. Ross McArthur and Co did a good job of saving the club and putting the club on a reasonably stable platform. DAFC Fussball GmbH then had the chance to take us forward to another level with their plans, combined expertise and finance. They've put their money where their mouth is but given the £1million loss last season and strong rumours about a 6 figure projected loss for this season I'm not convinced about financial prudence being a huge priority. But wtf do I know, in fact what do any of us really know? 

Yes there's efforts to improve fan communication and that has to be welcomed, but I'm not sure that's enough to control any narrative now and calm any growing discontent. Fans aren't stupid, there's evidently something not right. I understand those running the club will be unhappy with how things are, but unfortunately if you're in any leading position in life you're judged on results. Now is the time for them to step up and provide leadership. Just to add, I think we're rookit with no cash reserves of any significance. I think that's really becoming evident now. The club should be telling us exactly where we are at and at least that way we can take in the facts and make sense of the situation. They'd get more respect. 

As a footnote, you know something, I don't think I've got the will to deal with the growing negativity and growing apathy. It's actually depressing, it just shouldn't be this way. 

Very good post, Piracy 

• Upvote 1

Piracy your  right about one thing the negativity, Apathy the feeling towards the new season I've never known anything like it especially in July.

Over the course of the weekend I've spoken to many pars fans and it is depressing, Even positive fans like wallsy and Frank Craig are talking about how bad it's going to be that says something 

• Upvote 2