Livi v Pars: Premier Sports Cup

14 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Anyone got a contact for requesting a refund from pars tv.

Normally wouldn't bother but at £15, you'd expect to be able to have been able to watch portion of the game without buffering.

It's another area of the club that needs massive improvement. Miles behind the quality of some other clubs offerings

I can't understand how its so bad, I bet they use a cheap 4g through a re-seller and they are getting network congestion from the carrier as they aren't directly through O2, voda, etc....

Or other clubs are using proper internet. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Players were kept back for 45 mins on Tuesday and what reaction did we get today? Have they lost faith in the manager too?

Dont think today’s defeat could be attributed to lack of effort or lack of application unlike Tuesday.  More likely they just aren’t good enough and the manager has no creativity to change it.

On 12/07/2024 at 20:20, the saline hill puma said:
21 minutes ago, Al k said:

I can't understand how its so bad, I bet they use a cheap 4g through a re-seller and they are getting network congestion from the carrier as they aren't directly through O2, voda, etc....

Or other clubs are using proper internet. 

They would have been using livingston’s internet. Parstv can’t control things outside of east end 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Raymie said:

They would have been using livingston’s internet. Parstv can’t control things outside of east end 

Apparently it was a camera issue today. when you pay a high price (was cheaper to attend the game in person I believe) for a poor quality stream you should be entitled to get money back.

Today's game was impossible to watch apart from around ten minutes and was completely down at various times including when the goal was scored.

2 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Dont think today’s defeat could be attributed to lack of effort or lack of application unlike Tuesday.  More likely they just aren’t good enough and the manager has no creativity to change it.

That’s true. It’s also Mcpake who handed most of this team fresh new deals so if they aren’t good enough then he can only blame himself for that too

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

That’s true. It’s also Mcpake who handed most of this team fresh new deals so if they aren’t good enough then he can only blame himself for that too

Yup.

Listen I’m totally frustrated with the current direction of the club, and I want the board to step up and make some changes to their plans.  Neglect the first team at your peril.  They should know this from the Grant/Hughes season.   

Said it before and I’ll say it again, it wouldn’t take much to get proper buy in from fans to really pay back investment.  Say a push on the budget of an extra £250k on three good first team players, would pay its own way back through improved pay at the gate and improved standing in the league.   Right now we are heading for 10th.  No doubt about it.  Not scoring goals, not creating, and now looking even more leaky at the back.  Some of that I hold McPake accountable for, but i also hold the board accountable for the second season running, we are entering a campaign woefully light.   Christ last year was bad enough, this is worse!  

I really don’t understand their mentality.  At this rate, McPake will be first to get it in the neck and may pay the price, but our CEO and investors really should be taking more accountability for the performance of the club since coming back into the championship.   Frankly, it’s been atrocious on a number of levels in a number of ways.   Almost a model of how things shouldn’t be done.  

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Yup.

Listen I’m totally frustrated with the current direction of the club, and I want the board to step up and make some changes to their plans.  Neglect the first team at your peril.  They should know this from the Grant/Hughes season.   

Said it before and I’ll say it again, it wouldn’t take much to get proper buy in from fans to really pay back investment.  Say a push on the budget of an extra £250k on three good first team players, would pay its own way back through improved pay at the gate and improved standing in the league.   Right now we are heading for 10th.  No doubt about it.  Not scoring goals, not creating, and now looking even more leaky at the back.  Some of that I hold McPake accountable for, but i also hold the board accountable for the second season running, we are entering a campaign woefully light.   Christ last year was bad enough, this is worse!  

I really don’t understand their mentality.  At this rate, McPake will be first to get it in the neck and may pay the price, but our CEO and investors really should be taking more accountability for the performance of the club since coming back into the championship.   Frankly, it’s been atrocious on a number of levels in a number of ways.   Almost a model of how things shouldn’t be done.  

I've been frustrated for a while, so much so I began being critical of the club strategy on here sometime ago after I'd been hearing about substantial losses. Eventually the club admitted to the losses. I believe these losses are an influencing factor regarding where we find ourselves now right now. David Cook said we'll be reigning in the spend, so why should any of us be surprised at where we are. I'm critical of the board and will remain so until I see a marked improvement in their tenureship in relation to leadership and decision making. But I'd be careful of starting all this get them out sh*te, supporters really have to think about that. Where exactly would that leave us? Who do fans think would actually be available to take over?

We're nowhere near that stage but we do need rapid improvement. 

• Upvote 7

Its sheer frustration at the lack of good decisions being made and all the points you made there @Piracy at least it is with me. Its the easiest thing in the world to start demanding the axe and I'm doing it myself now. Sheer frustration at everything. 

No idea where we're going to pull Aby decent signings from now, all the decent players will be snapped up and loans won't be available until later in August I reckon. Might be too late by then, action is needed.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

I've been frustrated for a while, so much so I began being critical of the club strategy on here sometime ago after I'd been hearing about substantial losses. Eventually the club admitted to the losses. I believe these losses are an influencing factor regarding where we find ourselves now right now. David Cook said we'll be reigning in the spend, so why should any of us be surprised at where we are. I'm critical of the board and will remain so until I see a marked improvement in their tenureship in relation to leadership and decision making. But I'd be careful of starting all this get them out sh*te, supporters really have to think about that. Where exactly would that leave us? Who do fans think would actually be available to take over?

We're nowhere near that stage but we do need rapid improvement. 

A lot of American investors seem to sniffing around Scottish clubs at the moment- Inverness are close to being taken over and Motherwell just had one collapse. An American takeover could be even worse than this. Before the Hamburg based investment did the board not say they almost sold up to an individual? He might be still looking at us but that's just me guessing.

Personally I have been disappointed with the way the club has been since the guys from Dafc Fussball came in. A second relegation for us under them would be a disaster but looks very possible.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Raymie said:

I get the owners have lost lots of cash and don’t want a repeat. The buck stops with the ceo. He is responsible for the profit and loss.

Owners are his employer tho and determine how is contract is set out, what targets he has and how they may be incentivised.  Ultimately its up to them to determine if he is running the business appropriately.

Still not a fan of our ownership structure,   its still legally pars united but they can't make any decisions that dafc fussball disagree with as there's agreements in place that dafc fussball at any point can pull the trigger and take legal ownership. With main and braisby the only pars united faction left on the board I think the vast majority of operations are being done to dafc fussball's desires.