The Pars v Falkirk

On most seasons the faithful would be drowning in anticipation of the first home game of the season even more so with a derby game against rivals Falkirk. However, anticipation of anything positive at EEP is falling into the damp squib category. Injury concerns continue and our leading striker Kane has yet to make an app. McPake has played about with the system and yet due to injuries and lack of squad cover we still have players playing out of position and have a greater dependency on youth players to provide cover than we would like. Falkirk are on a roll following last season’s success, they enjoyed a 2-1 win last week over Queens Park and seem to be playing with confidence. In recent meetings the Pars in League 1 held the upper hand and there was suggestions that McPake has a bit of a hix over McGlynn. However, a lot of water has passed under the bridge since. It was a league where the Pars played with a huge amount of resilience, this Saturday the fans will be looking for much the same. The bookies will likely expect an away win, the Pars fans will be expecting to get our season started - both on and off the pitch! COYP   

• Upvote 2

I'm heading along to take up my new seat in Section L of the NW and in a perverse way I'm looking forward to it. These games can take up a life of of their own and I'm going to go for a 2-1 home win. Of course a few light ales beforehand will help.

• Upvote 1

Tbh I just don’t know what to expect from this game BUT it’s a derby/local rivalry game and  nothing but 100% from the team and management for 90mins…fight for every ball!!

Looking at Falkirks game against Queens they came out pressing every ball and I fear our pishy passing from the back across nonesense will cost us an early goal..hope not!

Edited by Secure Par
  • Upvote 2