Pars TV

Brian has confirmed that away games will no longer be shown on Pars TV. This service was a lifeline to many fans who live abroad or cannot get to away games. I assume that this is another money-saving exercise by the club.

Its a poor show, As Raymie says it did make money. No doubt it needed improvement, but it was also staffed by volunteers who gave up their own time. Its too easy to knock Brian on many things but if it wasn't for him I doubt there ever would be this service as it was unlikely that the club would have committed resources to it.

• Upvote 1

Is that really the case? Every club has a streaming service and as you've noted, it can turn a profit. So there's a market for it and while the skills are reasonably niche, not irreplaceable.

Brian seems to have advantage as the incumbent, but if he hadn't started the service or stopped providing it, pretty sure someone could offer an alternative. 

2 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Is that really the case? Every club has a streaming service and as you've noted, it can turn a profit. So there's a market for it and while the skills are reasonably niche, not irreplaceable.

Brian seems to have advantage as the incumbent, but if he hadn't started the service or stopped providing it, pretty sure someone could offer an alternative. 

I believe that Brian has been very frustrated by the lack of support from the club over the past few seasons. That would suggest to me that anyone else offering an alternative would suffer a similar fate. Overall the club made money from it and it was a vital lifeline for Pars supporters especially those living abroad - very disappointing from the club.

• Like 1

I wasn't having a go at Brian regarding him setting up and being a key figure in the development of ParsTV.

I was just generally offering my thoughts on his overall personality and a quick scan of that site quickly refreshes the memory of his attitude and actions during the administration period and how he can never have a reasoned debate with anyone, on any subject.

• Upvote 2

There's been numerous times over the years whereby if you even give the slightest bit of constructive criticism, he flies of the handle and goes straight on the defensive throwing his toys out the pram. I understand he has done a lot with setting up .net and ParsTV however he doesn't have the personality/temperament/mental capacity to actually be able to deal with customers/people who have issues or suggestions. Its always 'this is my baw and I'm no playing anymore' with him.

Over the past 10-15yrs he has consistently shown the kind of person he is and I find it mindboggling that anyone still willingly contributes to his website.