Gmbh-statement

Grant

I accept that the Patrick Thistle accounts are hugely informative, but setting that aside how have they managed to end up in such a precarious position when they’ve been the beneficiaries of significant cash injections from Colin Weir and several others. It makes our continued existence look something akin to a miracle.

52 minutes ago, Grant said:

Screenshot_20240826_181150_LinkedIn.thumb.jpg.9dc631dd18d2d37d222481ff10ac0cc7.jpg

Hope they're loaded. 

Markham seems interesting, I suspect he's acting as a broker, if he is going to be personally involved, I guess it depends how you interpret his time at Wigan, was he just let down by the stay away owners when he was on the ground or should he have been doing a better job himself?   A similar debate that's been happening recently in regard to cook.

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Markham seems interesting, I suspect he's acting as a broker, if he is going to be personally involved, I guess it depends how you interpret his time at Wigan, was he just let down by the stay away owners when he was on the ground or should he have been doing a better job himself?   A similar debate that's been happening recently in regard to cook.

It was Tom Markham who introduced gmbh to Dunfermline if this courier article is to be beleive. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2443924/video-exclusive-the-inside-story-of-dunfermlines-takeover-during-a-global-pandemic/

"The introduction came through respected financial mind Dr Tom Markham and swiftly accelerated to a meeting in DAFC Fussball GmbH’s offices in Hamburg."

35 minutes ago, Grant said:

It was Tom Markham who introduced gmbh to Dunfermline if this courier article is to be beleive. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2443924/video-exclusive-the-inside-story-of-dunfermlines-takeover-during-a-global-pandemic/

"The introduction came through respected financial mind Dr Tom Markham and swiftly accelerated to a meeting in DAFC Fussball GmbH’s offices in Hamburg."

He must be acting as a broker then, hopefully the Wigan scenario has made him more sceptical of potential owners as he made to wrong call there as well as here but thankfully not with as disastrous consequences with us.

2 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

That's the level of detail we used to get before GmbH got involved.

It's a tremendous statement, full of relevant information. They make it very clear that for a Championship club to have aspirations for the Premiership it needs an owner with deep pockets and a run in the cups, preferably including a match at Ibrox or Celtic Park.

The previous Board at PTFC got themselves into a terrible muddle and basically lost most of the money Colin Weir had left the club - at one stage the players' wages might not have been paid. I can't remember the details, but there was civil war at board level. This report in the Herald last year fills in some of the detail.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23573119.partick-thistle-fans-called-action-due-eye-watering-losses/

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

He must be acting as a broker then, hopefully the Wigan scenario has made him more sceptical of potential owners as he made to wrong call there as well as here but thankfully not with as disastrous consequences with us.

They said in their statement they had appointed a broker to find a buyer.