Gmbh-statement

Grant

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

I’d put money on it being written by a guy with initials DC

Sounds far more like Nick Teller.

It's headed as a "GmbH Statement", so David Cook would have no authority to issue a statement in their name.

He's not responsible for every bad thing at the club!

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Will Pars United have much say in who GMBH sell their shares to? I hope they do have a say. 

My memory might be deceiving me but I thought a condition of the original  sale of DAFC shares to GMBH was that in the event of a sale, PUCIC were to be given first refusal?

• Upvote 2

We were told that the investors were serious business people with a long term plan. You wouldn’t know it from reading that statement. When the going got tough they don’t want to know.

The most inexplicable part is that the statement confirms the board will free up funds for new players. Badly needed several weeks ago!

What will the future bring? Who knows but I see this as a chance for the fanbase to reunite behind the team and the one true goal for the Pars - promotion to the Premier League.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is all desperately sad. Initially I welcomed the involvement of DAFC Fussball GmbH. They took over at a time of considerable uncertainty within the Club and their ambition seemed admirable if optimistic. Their projected ten-year plan always looked like an challenging ask however and, with the benefit of hindsight, I would concur that this has become more of a failed vanity project rather than a structured business model. Of course much has gone against them: COVID’s been a game-changer. Brexit follows as a close second with, at the very least, all the ramifications of restricted movement of employees within the EU. Construction costs have shot up, making the Rosyth training facility something of a white elephant. And last season’s injuries crisis was something that nobody could have forecast. But it is certainly naive of them to imply surprise that the support has turned against them with what they seem to perceive as unreasonable demands. You can’t keep taking from the supporters and expect them not to sling mud when things are seen to be going pear-shaped. As others have previously stated, it’s one thing to have an established and successful squad and to build for the future by gradually incorporating youth within the squad. That has never happened though; or, at least, their stated aim of building an academy could never have been achieved within the short timespan they imposed. And their unwillingness to strengthen the team for the coming season is nothing short of a disaster. This, combined with the seemingly parlous financial situation that they have left behind, leaves the Club well and truly in the thick and smelly. I for one have little faith in their statement of supposed interest from alternative investors. These are difficult times for the footballing community and we must just hope that the Pars do not become one of the inevitable casualties. 

Its sad it has come to this, its an absolute car crash of a statement. Not sure what it means in the short term regarding signings but to be honest nothing much has been happening on that front.

The one plus is Meggles going to have nothing to do with the squad, a man thats managerial career lasted about 3 months and then punted as DOF a year or so later. Running the show from teams calls. Did he have the say in Mcpakes tactics? 

Are the fans going to give Cook the chance now? Assuming his hands have been tied too.

All said going to be a real effort going forward to steady the ship. 

31 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

They bought the club AFTER brexit. This can’t be used as an excuse

There was a grace period up to (I think) the end of 2021 where the UK was effectively treated as EU, I remember having to get my German residence permit sorted before then otherwise it would have been a lot more difficult (and probably more expensive).

17 minutes ago, Al k said:

Its sad it has come to this, its an absolute car crash of a statement. Not sure what it means in the short term regarding signings but to be honest nothing much has been happening on that front.

The one plus is Meggles going to have nothing to do with the squad, a man thats managerial career lasted about 3 months and then punted as DOF a year or so later. Running the show from teams calls. Did he have the say in Mcpakes tactics? 

Are the fans going to give Cook the chance now? Assuming his hands have been tied too.

All said going to be a real effort going forward to steady the ship. 

David Cook might have been somewhat restricted and if that's been the case lets hear it. If he really wants to help out now and redeem himself, let's see it. Let's get organised and get this club back on track. Who can we turn to?, who's going to see these shysters out our club in an orderly manner. Going to be a busy and confusing time over the next few weeks. Time for real leadership, the type that's been lacking.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

David Cook might have been somewhat restricted and if that's been the case let’s hear it. If he really wants to help out now and redeem himself, let's see it. Let's get organised and get this club back on track. Who can we turn to?, who's going to see these shysters out our club in an orderly manner. Going to be a busy and confusing time over the next few weeks. Time for real leadership, the type that's been lacking.

Need to hear from our Scottish board members! Courier article saying they were shocked and are happy to see funds released to the manager. Sounds like they are as unhappy as the rest of us 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The stuff about players being turned from hero's to villains in the space of a few months being a surprise is utterly incredible. Have they paid any attention to football before now? Your only as good as your last game as the saying goes and fans being fickle isn't a dunfermline thing or a Scottish football thing Christ I'm not even sure it's a football or even a sport thing, just watch people turn when they're favourite band releases an album they don't like or when the latest film in a franchise is received poorly.

To be fair, pars fans are especially bad for this. Opposition managers have commented on occasion about how quickly they turn against the team. Daft.net is absolute quagmire of loons and we’ve had fans abuse and chase Ross McArthur out the door, without whom we would have no club. That statement is dreadful but we have a higher than average proportion of twats amongst our support. I know that’s an unpopular opinion but it is what it is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Al k said:

The one plus is Meggles going to have nothing to do with the squad

His weekly Zoom calls hopefully are now put to bed.

The man who is quoted saying that attacking in a football match is the ''salt in the soup'' has hit mits all over the awful dull football we play.

1 hour ago, Number Eleven said:

We were told that the investors were serious business people with a long term plan. You wouldn’t know it from reading that statement. When the going got tough they don’t want to know.

The most inexplicable part is that the statement confirms the board will free up funds for new players. Badly needed several weeks ago!

What will the future bring? Who knows but I see this as a chance for the fanbase to reunite behind the team and the one true goal for the Pars - promotion to the Premier League.

Yeah and maybe if they’d bother to communicate even slightly the hostility might not have been so high. Even our manager has been taking fairly obvious swipes at the owners