Gmbh-statement

Grant

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

My memory might be deceiving me but I thought a condition of the original  sale of DAFC shares to GMBH was that in the event of a sale, PUCIC were to be given first refusal?

Not basing this on any inside knowledge but I’d be surprised if they wanted it

1 minute ago, kelty_par said:

Need to hear from our Scottish board members! Courier article saying they were shocked and are happy to see funds released to the manager. Sounds like they are as unhappy as the rest of us 

They've been hoodwinked to a degree and they'll feel let down no doubt. Let's get organised and work in getting them out the club in an orderly manner.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Since they have their shares etc up for sale can McPake etc come out with what restraints etc he had to put up with? Cook come out with… I couldn’t do anything about this/that situation.. sounds like a big ****show!

Well they’re still in charge right now and they don’t sound as if they’re in the best of moods. So probably best not to do anything too rash. 

The statement seems quite emotional, a bit like that raging email at work that you type and then hit delete. Only this time it was "sent". The investment hasn't gone how either "side" would have hoped unfortunately and both we and they are smarting.

A precarious time for our club but hopefully the mention of others having shown interest already will mean the process can be concluded successfully in short order.

Meantime it's imperative we strengthen the squad before the window closes.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Pars_Andy said:

To be fair, pars fans are especially bad for this. Opposition managers have commented on occasion about how quickly they turn against the team. Daft.net is absolute quagmire of loons and we’ve had fans abuse and chase Ross McArthur out the door, without whom we would have no club. That statement is dreadful but we have a higher than average proportion of twats amongst our support. I know that’s an unpopular opinion but it is what it is. 

Ross McArthur was leaving the club months before those few idiots did what they did. It just made the end if his time bitterly unpleasant. But he's better than that.

We do not have a higher than average proportion of twats in our support. I believe that to be a wholly unsubstantiated claim. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Since they have their shares etc up for sale can McPake etc come out with what restraints etc he had to put up with? Cook come out with… I couldn’t do anything about this/that situation.. sounds like a big ****show!

I'd like to hear or see similar, however I'd suggest now is not the time. Let's get behind the team, the manager and hope that the other board members with some help make their exit smooth. Time for some political manoeuvring.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Pars_Andy said:

To be fair, pars fans are especially bad for this. Opposition managers have commented on occasion about how quickly they turn against the team. Daft.net is absolute quagmire of loons and we’ve had fans abuse and chase Ross McArthur out the door, without whom we would have no club. That statement is dreadful but we have a higher than average proportion of twats amongst our support. I know that’s an unpopular opinion but it is what it is. 

That's simply not true and is IMO biased due to you being more exposed to pars fans than others.

Away managers regularly talk of turning a crowd against the home team. Especially if the home team are off form. There is nothing different when it's said about us than anyone else.

If you think what's said on places like .net are unique to us you need to look more at what is said in others places by fans of other clubs, especially lesser monitored spaces can have some wild stuff said.

And in fans behaviour at grounds? How many times have we had fans storm the training ground? Smash their way into dressing rooms? Zero I think, and yet there's a good chance somewhere, often in Europe that there will be an ultra group doing these things at somepoint this season, I'm not saying things are good, but a bit of perspective is needed.

15 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Ross McArthur was leaving the club months before those few idiots did what they did. It just made the end if his time bitterly unpleasant. But he's better than that.

We do not have a higher than average proportion of twats in our support. I believe that to be a wholly unsubstantiated claim. 

Yeah but that incident was a culmination of months of abuse. I do think the statement is embarrassing and is lacking any self awareness, but I do think some fans could go with a dose of that sometimes too

I'm thinking it would be worthwhile to have a meeting with PU Board reps. However we need to let the dust settle and become a wee bit more clear headed in understanding the parameters of what we are working with and what is likely to be working against us. But this needs to be soon, hopefully we will know what we need to do as a group of fans to protect the club. We have learned lessons from the Masterton era and must use them. Ultimately we will have to be sustainable and blindly chucking money to nurture egos wont help. There is tougher times ahead where patience, pragmatism and perspective is needed most but ultimately we have to support the team. COYP  

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Piracy said:

David Cook might have been somewhat restricted and if that's been the case lets hear it. If he really wants to help out now and redeem himself, let's see it. Let's get organised and get this club back on track. Who can we turn to?, who's going to see these shysters out our club in an orderly manner. Going to be a busy and confusing time over the next few weeks. Time for real leadership, the type that's been lacking.

Do you remember what he said to you when you were asking difficult questions at that fan meeting about why they weren’t converting their shares and what the dangers of that might be?

”Im a Pars fan, do you think I would let that happen?..” (followed by condescending smirk)

Sounds like, given the article in the courier where it came as a surprise to him and the rest of the Scottish directors that he wasn’t capable of ‘not allowing’ anything. 

• Upvote 1

Imagine they had just released a statement at the start of the season saying "We bit off more than we could chew, this is costing us significantly more than we ever envisaged and therefore unfortunately the playing budget is going to have to take a hit until we can get ourselves back on an even keel. We know this isn't what many fans want to hear, but we are being honest and we are where we are. We want to try and survive in the championship this season and re-assess next year. We need your support to get through what is going to be another long, hard season."

I think most fans would have been annoyed, but would have understood and went with it. But they instead chose to do or say absolutely ****ing nothing to keep the fans informed then throw their toys out the pram when fans have the audacity to ask WTF is going on and why the **** do we not have a sub goalkeeper yet?

They can take themselves as far to **** as possible. Cowardly, arrogant, out of touch, egotistical ******s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Stanza said:

Sounds far more like Nick Teller.

It's headed as a "GmbH Statement", so David Cook would have no authority to issue a statement in their name.

He's not responsible for every bad thing at the club!

On reflection, probably Nick Teller. I recall his disapproval when questioned at the shareholder meeting. 

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

That's simply not true and is IMO biased due to you being more exposed to pars fans than others.

Away managers regularly talk of turning a crowd against the home team. Especially if the home team are off form. There is nothing different when it's said about us than anyone else.

If you think what's said on places like .net are unique to us you need to look more at what is said in others places by fans of other clubs, especially lesser monitored spaces can have some wild stuff said.

And in fans behaviour at grounds? How many times have we had fans storm the training ground? Smash their way into dressing rooms? Zero I think, and yet there's a good chance somewhere, often in Europe that there will be an ultra group doing these things at somepoint this season, I'm not saying things are good, but a bit of perspective is needed.

But you need to look at our track record. Crawford was pretty much hated as a player, and as a manager despite achieving consecutive year on year improvements. He just never endeared himself to the fans in the same way Joe Cardle inexplicably has, despite being a far more accomplished player. Nicky Clark apparently only got a game because of his dad. Chalmers could play like Messi and still get abuse for 90 minutes. We have a fairly consistent record of making life miserable for pretty decent people. If we go behind in a game the fans just pretty much yell abuse from that point on and defend the fact  that they’re abusing 20 yr olds because they ‘pay their money’. I genuinely don’t think we deserve a club sometimes. 

Edited by Pars_Andy
  • Downvote 1