Gmbh-statement

Grant

2 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Yes, we won’t find out and we won’t find out why we’ve lost so much over two seasons 

What is apparent is, they've made a howling **** of things and their statement is a disgrace. Good riddance.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

That's just a rehash of what's been on the DAFC website for a couple of years:
https://dafc.co.uk/board-statement-11-01-2022/?

As with any contract, the exact wording will be important as to what can and can't be done. I assume GmbH will want to convert their loan to shares, which would allow them to recover as much of their investment as possible, by selling a majority shareholding in DAFC Ltd (80% according to what was published in 2022). IMO a minority shareholding would be nowhere near as attractive to a potential buyer.

80% of the shares would mean the new owners need not be concerned about PUCIC oversight or supporter "engagement", could appoint whoever they want as chairman or board members (no PST representative). GmbH or the new owner could, I think (I'm doing this from memory, sorry), appoint a majority on the Board of PUEEP Ltd, but would not have a majority shareholding, so I'm not sure what happens to the GmbH option to buy the stadium, or the obligation to find a new home for DAFC if EEP is sold.

This would take us (apart from the stadium uncertainty) pretty much back to where we were pre-administration, which is all rather sad and worrying. But the die is now cast and we are where we are. So, while the desire of many fans to run GmbH out of town might be understandable from a sense of betrayal, it may not be the best strategy for the future of DAFC. I am far from convinced that there is a queue of local multi-millionaires desperate to own the Pars, and we may have to live with GmbH for a while - so a graceful exit and parting of the ways will be much less damaging than one where relations break down completely.

Edited by Stanza
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Pars_Andy said:

To be fair, pars fans are especially bad for this. 

A nonsense. 

I spent a decade in England, in that time I become fond of Brentford, at that time they were a championship club, by the time I left there were an established Premier League club. Throughout it they were just as "bad" as Pars fans. Just last week they didn't seal the deal on Cajuste and Phil Giles was getting all the abuse on social media. Brentford are as big, and as good as they'll ever be. 

2 hours ago, El Patrón said:

They can take themselves as far to **** as possible. Cowardly, arrogant, out of touch, egotistical ******s.

Ach, in hindsight if you're coming from that far out you've absolutely got a bit of a power hungry complex going on. 

You're not wrong in what you've said right enough. 

2 hours ago, Pars_Andy said:

But you need to look at our track record. Crawford was pretty much hated as a player, and as a manager despite achieving consecutive year on year improvements. 

We were never getting promoted with Crawford as a manager. 

Well we don’t know that. He got us to our highest league finish in the past few years and every year he was in charge we finished a little bit higher up the league. We certainly weren’t ever a team that worried about relegation when he was in charge and were haven’t been doing so good since he left! It’s exactly this kind of (let’s just ignore all the facts because I dinnae really like him) statement my post was highlighting. 

They say that they have felt this way since the middle of last season...

So, around the time Patrons starting asking difficult questions (as they are entitled to, having put in considerable amounts of money to save the club) and didn't blindly accept the ****show around them...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Pars_Andy said:

Crawford was pretty much hated as a player, and as a manager despite achieving consecutive year on year improvements.

I agree that he made improvements year on year, and I'd have liked him to stay on.

But I don't agree that he was hated, that's much too strong a word. I think most fans liked/loved him as a player, despite a vocal minority sometimes having a go.

And although I think there was some impatience with progress under his management, I don't think there was any kind of groundswell against him in the way that people like Grant or Hughes saw.

• Upvote 5

Nobody hated Crawford. Some had impatience at missing some chances but most loved him, myself included. Tremendous player. 

I think it was his time to go as manager  but he did well in finding some great talent. Had to take over a mess from AJ and it took time to turn that squad over. Similar to how I see next summer,if we stay up we can have a proper clear out and mould a team capable of taking a step forward. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

Nobody hated Crawford. Some had impatience at missing some chances but most loved him, myself included. Tremendous player. 

I think it was his time to go as manager  but he did well in finding some great talent. Had to take over a mess from AJ and it took time to turn that squad over. Similar to how I see next summer,if we stay up we can have a proper clear out and mould a team capable of taking a step forward. 

Edwards, Nisbet and Comrie off the top of my head were Crawford signings. Two decent sell on fees and approx 500 appearances.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

I agree that he made improvements year on year, and I'd have liked him to stay on.

But I don't agree that he was hated, that's much too strong a word. I think most fans liked/loved him as a player, despite a vocal minority sometimes having a go.

And although I think there was some impatience with progress under his management, I don't think there was any kind of groundswell against him in the way that people like Grant or Hughes saw.

Yeah I agree with that… but cmon…wanting a manager sacked for getting us in the playoffs…it’s just absurd. 

anyway… I’ll shut up now as I’ve dragged us way off topic. 

Edited by Pars_Andy

Whatever’s been going on, the best thing all Pars fans can do now, for the players, for any potential investors watching on, for helping cash flow, for the future of our club, is to get right behind the team.  

• Upvote 3