Gmbh-statement

Grant

1 hour ago, livipar2 said:

Can’t agree with the SLO aspect. Drew does a great job and like McPake has probably been working with one hand tied behind his back.

Aye, calls for Drew to leave are wild to me. 

• Upvote 3

The work Drew Main does, and the hours he puts in voluntarily, are incredible - anyone suggesting he should be moved on from the Board or his SLO role is clueless and/or ungrateful, I'm afraid. Are we supposed to remove the Disability Access Officer, the Mental Health Ambassador, the Pars TV commentator and every other volunteer as well in this clear out? Good luck with finding replacements of the same calibre.

BUT .....

Assuming GmbH convert their loan into shares) they, or the new owners, will have absolute control over who is on the Board. There will be no need to have a PST representative on the Board, or to bother with supporter consultation - other than the toothless SFA Licence requirement to have an SLO in place.

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, Stanza said:

The work Drew Main does, and the hours he puts in voluntarily, are incredible - anyone suggesting he should be moved on from the Board or his SLO role is clueless and/or ungrateful, I'm afraid. Are we supposed to remove the Disability Access Officer, the Mental Health Ambassador, the Pars TV commentator and every other volunteer as well in this clear out? Good luck with finding replacements of the same calibre.

BUT .....

Assuming GmbH convert their loan into shares) they, or the new owners, will have absolute control over who is on the Board. There will be no need to have a PST representative on the Board, or to bother with supporter consultation - other than the toothless SFA Licence requirement to have an SLO in place.

Who mentioned removing volunteers? Certainly not me 

10 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Who mentioned removing volunteers? Certainly not me 

Rosythpar did.

Drew Main is a volunteer, both in his SLO role and in his capacity as the PST representative on the Board.

To be fair, I don't think anyone else has supported the idea.

Edited by Stanza

To be honest going forward I've no interest in what these ****nut German people have to say now. They shat the nest, absolutely did not read the room and now realised there play thing is going to cost a few bob. I do however hope the remaining directors start engaging with the fans pronto and highlight a road through this, more importantly what we can do to assist.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Crawford resigned.

True, but it was due to burnout, brought on by being under so much pressure from sections of the fanbase. When I referred to haste, that's what I meant (impatience might have been a better word) - not that the club were hasty in sacking him (which they didn't).

3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Probably time for the vice chairman and slo to be thanked but moved on.

Sorry but this is absolute nonsense. Drew does a ridiculous amount of work and has never been anything more than helpful in my dealings with him. In fact, if it wasn’t for him, you wouldn’t get the updates I’d been providing from the supporters meeting as it was him who made sure we got an invite in the first place. 

If you’re going to make statements like that at least have some sort of idea of what it is they do. 

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

There was a grace period up to (I think) the end of 2021 where the UK was effectively treated as EU, I remember having to get my German residence permit sorted before then otherwise it would have been a lot more difficult (and probably more expensive).

I fail to see what Brexit has to do with 11 guys kicking a football about in Dunfermline or anywhere in Scotland on a Saturday afternoon.

2 minutes ago, Lochalsh Par said:

I fail to see what Brexit has to do with 11 guys kicking a football about in Dunfermline or anywhere in Scotland on a Saturday afternoon.

Harder to get work permits for young EU based players? Such as the ones we were led to believe the Germans would be able to get us from the network of contacts over there?

• Upvote 1