Gmbh-statement

Grant

6 minutes ago, El Patrón said:

Harder to get work permits for young EU based players? Such as the ones we were led to believe the Germans would be able to get us from the network of contacts over there?

You really think that made a huge difference to Dunfermline? Also, I see an awful lot of player movement between UK and European Clubs. Several this week even.

18 minutes ago, Lochalsh Par said:

You really think that made a huge difference to Dunfermline? Also, I see an awful lot of player movement between UK and European Clubs. Several this week even.

No idea, was just offering a reason as to why someone had mentioned Brexit.

5 minutes ago, El Patrón said:

No idea, was just offering a reason as to why someone had mentioned Brexit.

Fair enough. A bit thin for me though. I cannot think of any other reason why Brexit is an excuse for the Pars being in this position Have a good weekend. 

6 hours ago, rosythpar said:

It's not a criticism towards our SLO. I just think if/when we get new owners it will  be new faces on all fronts. I don't see McPake lasting long when new owners come in either. He would probably be best resigning and coming out and speaking against our German based owners now.

Why would McPake resign? He has a contract and a family to consider, so it would be grossly irresponsible of him to do so, unless he was walking into another job paying at least as well.

On the statement, it is poorly worded and the tone is somewhat condescending. It`s obviously been written by someone who has a good command of English but is not his first language. It seems unlikely that they asked anyone to read it over before releasing it. Many of us could have suggested changes which would have made it more acceptable to our fan base.

For me, it would have been better if they had set up two funds; one for the academy and another for the first team. They appear to have been surprised by the fact that we wanted a competitive first team alongside the academy.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

They appear to have been surprised by the fact that we wanted a competitive first team alongside the academy.

This is the bit that has blown my mind. Surely it goes without saying that if you buy a football club and want to transform it from the infrastructure up, that in order for that to be successful, you need to invest in the parts you want to grow but also ensure that the main reason the club exists in the first place, is at the very least competitive. Going into a season in the Championship, the most competitive league in the country, with a bench full of newly signed apprentices, teenagers and no senior backup goalkeeper is absolute folly.

The fact that this also comes on the back of them selling a player, and us the fans, selling out the Eurozone, buying over 3000 season tickets, a home kit, a "record breaking" away kit, as well as continuing to go to games in preseason and the cup that aren't included in those season tickets, providing them with revenue that would be the envy of any club in the league is absolutely staggering. The fact they can't grasp why people are asking questions about why at least some of that revenue hasn't shown any improvement in the squad, which is actually weaker than last year shows exactly how much they know about running a club. 

They seem absolutely oblivious as to why these are fairly standard expectations. How do you continue with your strategy if the team that is underfunded then gets relegated, losing yet more money?

Most fans I know were broadly supportive of the whole project in terms of it's aims, but did they expect football fans to blindly follow that whilst the first team is floundering when that is the entire reason they spend their hard earned cash with them!?

• Upvote 11

I don't think folk expected us blowing championship teams out the water to sign players and throw everything at winning the title(which is the way they are trying to portray us in that statement) but I certainly had an expectation that a competitive first team would be funded and supported at a later date by the academy. 

The fact they thought our academy kids were ready to go for this season is astonishing. They were just planning to throw the kids under a bus when not ready for the first team, to play out their delusional business plan. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Lochalsh Par said:

Fair enough. A bit thin for me though. I cannot think of any other reason why Brexit is an excuse for the Pars being in this position Have a good weekend. 

I only said it as it was used as an excuse as to why they couldn’t use contacts in Germany to bring players over. One of the ‘ideas’ they had 

1 hour ago, Digs said:

They seem absolutely oblivious as to why these are fairly standard expectations. How do you continue with your strategy if the team that is underfunded then gets relegated, losing yet more money?

This is the most ridiculous part. Even if they attached lesser priority to on-field performances or results in the short to medium term, surely it is really ****ing obvious that relegation to league 1 would have hugely detrimental impact on the finances of the club, and in turn, threaten the entire viability of what they were trying to do? Surely on this point, the fans and investors were aligned - Championship football was the minimum the fans expect; league 1 was catastrophic to the club as a business.

I was happy to be patient - I didn't expect to be challenging for the league this season and I could even tolerate missing out on the playoffs. I just wanted to be sure they invested enough that the squad was strong enough to stay clear of a relegation battle. They've embarrassed themselves by claiming that this is an unreasonable position to take. 

We should be thankful of one thing: yesterday's statement has probably helped galvanise the support and made it very clear to everyone - including those like myself who supported them - that this group are not fit to run Dunfermline Athletic.

• Upvote 10

Good enough for the moment and importantly an acknowledgement that things have not been right. Further updates to minimise and reduce uncertainty is vital and perhaps a open meeting to discuss options. Inclusivity is a priority if we are too move forward. Disappointed that the media headline even from the BBC is they are "moving on because of fan negativity" we need to get on top of this quickly and put forward a positive vibe  to encourage potential investors    

• Upvote 4