Hamilton v Pars

18 minutes ago, Yorkiepar said:

As I said, the best thing we can do is to get behind the club and not be seen to be calling out everyone (players and management included) at every opportunity.

No one isn't behind the club. The players and management are miles off it though. They aren't being called out every opertuunity, performances have been ****e for ****ing years, standards have slipped here and all over Scotland. The reason Scottish football is in such a ****e state is because folk accept ****e like this imo 

Edited by the saline hill puma
  • Upvote 1

In a very precarious position. McPake absolutely is done. The players confidence is at an all time low and none of them are fighting for the team or McPake. If we were not in transition at board level he'd absolutely be going. 

But I do agree that unless the sale is expected to take more than 3 months, it's unlikely McPake gets sacked before a buyer is found. Any new owner will want to assert control over coaching recruitment, not inherit a coaching team that was hired by a compromised board. 

Only way I see him get sacked is if someone in squad is in a position to act as caretaker until sale completes. Not really seeing any candidates though. 

With every passing week, the urgency of getting a sale increases. The more we wait, the worse our situation will get, and the less interest we can attract. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Don't get why McCann is being called out more than others tonight, it can only be based on an opinion already decided before todays game, no chance can you go through todays performance alone and decide he was the worst.

He wasn't. That was clearly Fisher. But McCann, KRH, Hamilton, Otoo, Wotherspoon all equally culpable. 

Just now, parsforlife said:

Don't get why McCann is being called out more than others tonight, it can only be based on an opinion already decided before todays game, no chance can you go through todays performance alone and decide he was the worst.

It's not just today though(and it's the whole group for me). He just isn't good enough. I don't think anyone is even aware what his best position is, and he has been around the first team for 4 or 5 years ??. Imo he was poor today, I only watched the stream so maybe was different at the game, not saying anyone played better, but they were all ****e imo

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

If we can’t call out poor performances, a lack of goals and an utterly dreadful style of football then what’s the point? Basically asking folk to pay money all season to watch and accept utter ****e 

Calling out poor management and running of the football club - Good. 

Calling out poor manager at the football club - Bad. 

9 minutes ago, Grant said:

Calling out poor manager at the football club - Bad. 

So confusing. Can’t say he’s not had time and he can’t improve what he’s had to work with. I genuinely don’t see us winning a league game with him in charge 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

For me it depends how we played today. I wasn't there, but the impression I got was that we were pushing hard to get back into the game. If the performance and effort was improved, I can accept a bad result, for now.

And with hopefully some new players being added at last, I'd give McPake a bit more time. Too much more of this though and he'll be in shoogily peg territory I would think.

We just did our usual, improved our possession, had loads of the ball than ran out of ideas when we reached the final third. 

A shot from Wotherspoon just went wide from distance, and either Cooper or Sutherland stretched to make a harmless sclaff towards goal and that was it as far as I remember. Technically, McCann did hit the bar but it was a cross that deflected off the defender and and definitely wasn’t an effort on goal. 

Nowhere near offensive enough for me, not direct enough, no decent balls into the box, no real willingness to overlap down the wings and nothing going forward other than a ball over the top. In short, pish.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, livipar2 said:

I’m still backing McPake. That said the next 2 league games are crucial. We need points and goals. He has to find a way to set us up to be more positive.

1 win in our last 12 competitive games and it was against Spartans! 5 league wins this calendar year and it’s nearly September. We’ll be lucky to get a goal under him never mind a win 

• Upvote 1

Too deep and setup is too defensive. One up front isn't helping. 

Balance in the squad continues to be poor. I want to drop McCann and play Cooper but they are not the same type of player. 

I'd like to see Kane and Sutherland up front and work back from there. Possibly straight 442, drop Wotherspoon and give Cooper a run out left. That doesn't look like his natural position though.

Totally deflating how anonymous Otoo and KRH looked. 

We continue to leak goals so the whole defensive approach is not working.