Pars v Ayr Utd

On 28/08/2024 at 20:33, Yorkie said:

Who is wanting us to get beaten? I am desperate for  a win  , even scoring a goal would be a step forward. When I say I think we we will get scudded that is based on what I think the outcome will be not what I want it to be.     

Scoring a goal will be a boost on its own. Never say never and think positive. Just one player like Hosler finding his old form would make a huge difference. I think Ayr will come out firing and having a good go early. McPake must be expecting that and it just might lead to an early Pars goal. COYP and 3 points.

EDIT - ignore the below, they're open now apparently.

For fans in the Norrie, I just got here and it appears that turnstiles 1, 2 and 3 are closed, so it's just turnstiles 4, 5 and 6.

Possibly not expecting a huge crowd, or maybe there's a problem, not sure. Anyway, just to save you walking up and having to go back again.

1 hour ago, Eastendtales said:

Balls to that, reminds of Scotland Hungary whenever I hear something like that.

For me, it's abour getting more players forward in good positions. If we're keeping possession I'd rather do it as far forward as possible. 

I wasn't being serious 😆. Better getting beat having a go, than playing that Scotland at the Euros anti fitbaw stuff. Maybe McPake will spring a surprise.

• Upvote 1

Decent game thought we are playing OK and are a match for a very attacking Ayr side. It should have been a red for the Ayr defender. Who are quite happy to take a card for for breaking up play when the Pars are going forward. Thought Bene had a slight limp at HT. Holding his right hamstring. COYP

Not too bad today, and a damn sight better than the last couple of matches I've seen.

Not a fan of McCann on the right and KRH on the left, was glad when KRH switched over.

Two nice saves from Toby, but hopefully he spends a lot of the week practicing his kicks.

Something to build on today.

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Half time, 1-1, not bad. Great goal from Otoo, looked a pretty poor one for Ayr, did it take a deflection? New keeper's kicking is pretty horrendous! Otoo and Kane looking good. 

I thought his kicking was superb. Adds a real different dimension to our game. A few wayward kicks. But very impressed. 

1 minute ago, Kdy Par said:

A few wayward kicks

A few? I made it at least 7, he was all over the place.

Although the one where he hit it towards the NW stand while all players were lined up for it to go to the main stand side could have been interesting if, a) He had meant it, and b) He had told anyone on our team to expect it!

I'd genuinely love to see that as a tactic, have KRH or someone clued in that the ball is going to the opposite side and then trust his pace to get there and take advantage of the space.

11 minutes ago, Kdy Par said:

I thought his kicking was superb. Adds a real different dimension to our game. A few wayward kicks. But very impressed. 

I heard a few folk were impressed with his kicking. A few went adrift, let's face it can't be any worse than Memhets distribution. 

Unpopular opinion, KRH is saft as ****e and hasn't been the same player since he got his second injury. Case in point, their goal. Rarely willing to fully engage, and looks a shadow of the payer he was.