Pars v Ayr Utd

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

When Todd came back from his last injury I dont think he lasted more than 60/70 minutes in a single match before he picked up his current injury.  It's not fair on the lad to expect too much of him when he does come back. How many serious injuries has he had in last 15 months - I have lost count. 

I hope they don't rush him back. He was in the swimming pool doing work on his own last week.

5 hours ago, Grant said:

For me any feeling of hard done would have been down to the referees decision, rather than the performance. On the balance of chances if any team deserved to win it was absolutely Ayr. 

In your opinion.

Quite a few folk disagree. We were well worthy of a point.

We were worth a point cos we scored the same number of goals as Ayr.  That's the only thing that matters.

But there are indicators that you look for to predict future results and ours against Ayr were just as poor as other games.

You can't just take point 1 and not see the need to improve point 2.

17 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I must be the only person that doesn't care about all the stats that the usual folk reel out.

If we win I'm happy. If we lose I'm not.

Old school

Would be quite interesting to see the stats on how many times you've been happy and how many times unhappy da_no_1     😄

Edited by buspasspar
spelling
  • Upvote 1

On 03/09/2024 at 23:13, da_no_1 said:

I must be the only person that doesn't care about all the stats that the usual folk reel out.

If we win I'm happy. If we lose I'm not.

Old school

The result and the performance are often two seperate beasts. It's quite possible to have a good result while performing under Par, in isolation that's not a concern, if anything digging out wins when you're not playing well is often said to be the mark of a good team. 

On the other hand when you're struggling for wins, or points in general, picking one or the other up while not improving the performance isn't normally a sign that your fortunes are about to increase. 

As I've already said, it's a good result. But the performance for me leaves allot to be desired. 

Speaks volumes that McPake has dropped Wotherspoon for a guy who was a bit part player at Stirling last year. 

Edited by Grant

9 hours ago, Grant said:

The result and the performance are often two seperate beasts. It's quite possible to have a good result while performing under Par, in isolation that's not a concern, if anything digging out wins when you're not playing well is often said to be the mark of a good team. 

On the other hand when you're struggling for wins, or points in general, picking one or the other up while not improving the performance isn't normally a sign that your fortunes are about to increase. 

As I've already said, it's a good result. But the performance for me leaves allot to be desired. 

Speaks volumes that McPake has dropped Wotherspoon for a guy who was a bit part player at Stirling last year. 

I'd agree with, most of this... Altho, while it wasn't the best performance, it was a marked improvement (for me) on the previous matches...

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, lambo1885 said:

I'd agree with, most of this... Altho, while it wasn't the best performance, it was a marked improvement (for me) on the previous matches...

Even tho I don’t rate this competition tomorrow…. We really need a win for confidence going into next Friday night 

• Upvote 1