The Pars v The Wee Team

Superally

Do we detect a growing sense of optimism at EEP and amongst the faithful, and will that sense of optimism equate to a first win of the season. Well this Friday we will know as the Pars welcome The Wee Team for a derby fixture for Friday nights televised game. Raith now with their “first choice” manager in situ may be better placed to assess the squad after last weeks cup defeat to League rivals Ayr Utd. After last season’s success the wee team performances appear to be well below their expectations - wining only one game in four and resulting in the surprising sacking of former manager Ian Murray. They also seem to be afflicted with Injuries to key players and previous marquee signings are failing to deliver. It’s no time to gloat however, The Pars are a long way back in any attempt to reclaim credibility after last seasons pathetic derby performances in league and cup competitions. I wouldn’t go as far to say the Pars are favourites to earn all three points, but a positive outing against Ayr Utd (Who have defeated Rovers twice) and a good winning performance against East Fife who are the form team in their division will hopefully result in a more competitive game. The Pars and Raith are the form teams at the wrong end of the form table it’s a difficult one to call but I sense a draw is the most likely outcome. A overdue win would be nice too. COYP

A difficult game to predict and probably a boring and frustrating spectacle for those attending on Friday.

Rovers new manager has a job on his hands as they seem to be in free fall, but we're in no position to crow given our form. That said seeds of recovery perhaps over the last 2 games gives us some optimism going into the game. 

I'm cautiously predicting a win for the Pars, 2-1.

• Upvote 1

Being honest, I'd take a draw. Our form has been absolute garbage for as long as I can remember now and I'm just not convinced there's been enough change in tactics, mindset or form to see us beating Rovers on national TV. 

Would need a repeat of the Dundee United game to convince me things are genuinely improving. 

15 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

We should absolutely be taking them to task and going for the jugular.

what will happen is that McPake will be far too cautious as is his want, and we’ll drag the arse out of a 1-1 draw.

We'll have improved if we get a draw. He doesn't know how to beat Raith.