The Pars v The Wee Team

Superally

A great start, high tempo which got the

A high standard has been reached, and that level of performance should be the aim, although with a young squad there’ll be some inconsistency. 

Hoped before the game to see a performance, and thought that was more important than 3 points.. However.. 

A great start, high tempo which got the crowd behind them.  A clear red card, and delighted with the goals.  Couldn’t care less about the deflection, we deserved the breakthrough.  How many times do we dominate but then get punished when we fail to score?

An excellent team performance, no failures including the 3 subs.  Looking forward to the Jags next week.  

COYP!

behind them.  A clear red card, and delighted with the goals.  Couldn’t care less about the deflection, we deserved the breakthrough.  How many times do we dominate but then get punished when we fail to score?

On the game I thought it was Wotherspoons best game for us, prior to the goal I would've had him as Motm alongside Kane who looked painfully awkward to play against. 

McCann has received loads of stick, and while he mistimes his jumps I thought he was very good and always had the beating of whoever Rovers had at right back. 

I thought the way we started the game was spot on, there was a game plan there on how to deal with Raith when they were in possession and the players really went for it, it got the crowd going and while Raith will say they can't judge too much from the game because they had ten, I'd argue they should be very worried by how we made them look with 11. 

If I have any concerns it's that I do wish we had posed more of an attacking threat, there's still work to be done there, I am also a little concerned about the form of KRH and Comrie. On the flipside, while Ngwenya isn't Edwards he's looking like a solid addition. 

Mention for the goalie who while he didn't have allot to do, his sweeping, positions he takes up and his confidence with the ball is absolutely massive for the defence. 

• Like 1

Only saw the highlights from Rovers' Twitter and it appeared that we destroyed them from what they showed, 4-0 or 5-0 wouldn't have flattered us.  Red card was a stonewaller, Kane would have been one on one had he not been scythed down, we got away with one with Hamilton trying to rip a Rovers player's jersey off at a corner but how often do things go against us?  So, I am taking that bit of luck.  

Has Otoo been encouraged to ping more shots in from range?  Seems like he is trying to work the keeper every time he is at least 20 yards out.  I like that though, been a while since we had someone willing to shoot from anywhere.

54 minutes ago, Superally said:

Will be quite happy if Airdrie and Morton are defeated today. It will be good psychologically to go to next weeks fixture against Partick in 7th as opposed to being last

We'll not be last come next Saturday, Rovers will have that honour :-)

Personally, I'd like ever game today to be a draw, so we can start to make progress on getting up the table into playoff contention.

Glad that we remain in 7th place after todays results. Hopefully after being unbeaten in three. After scoring 5 goals in the last 3 games and only conceding 1 the team will get a lift in confidence for the Partick game. Indeed McPake has a real dilemma - does he bring back Bene (if fit?) as I was hugely impressed with the youngsters Fogerty and especially Young who have done brilliant well and are playing above expectations   

52 minutes ago, Superally said:

Glad that we remain in 7th place after todays results. Hopefully after being unbeaten in three. After scoring 5 goals in the last 3 games and only conceding 1 the team will get a lift in confidence for the Partick game. Indeed McPake has a real dilemma - does he bring back Bene (if fit?) as I was hugely impressed with the youngsters Fogerty and especially Young who have done brilliant well and are playing above expectations   

No way Bene gets back in at the moment. Just hasn't been good enough and an extended time out helps keep him fresh for when he is needed.

Really liking the look of Fogarty who keeps the ball moving way better than Bene. Don't want to get ahead of myself with Young but he looks very composed so far. 

Tobi behind them is really helping. Mobile, high line, good with feet. I wouldn't be tinkering with the defensive setup unless I had to. 

• Upvote 2