Pars v Falkirk on TV on 27th December

Deutsch Par

3 minutes ago, Al k said:

Complete joke, there needs to be an option to allow clubs to refuse a fixture if there are two big crowd games affected. 

To be honest, I'm fine with this one moving. With it being between Christmas and New Year the crowd will be up anyway and people will go regardless of whether it's on TV. More people tend to home for Christmas from other places (for both teams) and people will be off work the next day regardless of holidays with it being a weekend. Lots of guys use games like this as their Christmas drinks with their mates so I don't think it will have too much effect.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Digs said:

To be honest, I'm fine with this one moving. With it being between Christmas and New Year the crowd will be up anyway and people will go regardless of whether it's on TV. More people tend to home for Christmas from other places (for both teams) and people will be off work the next day regardless of holidays with it being a weekend. Lots of guys use games like this as their Christmas drinks with their mates so I don't think it will have too much effect.

This time yes, but we had 2 cup games v rovers and both home games against united last season alone. Three were on the beeb alone. I might be wrong but its the hospitality that takes the biggest hit each time.

Incomes bad enough for scottish teams without the games being cherry picked and not enough compensation for that fact.

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Away end maybe, we'll need to go on a seriously good run of form first and whilst I'm happy with the improvement the last few weeks it's still very much a case of walk before we try to run

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Can't see it. Falkirk end especially will be way down on what it might have been.

F*** Friday football.

No fan of Friday night football. Just think the time of year will mean a big crowd regardless.

27 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

No fan of Friday night football. Just think the time of year will mean a big crowd regardless.

I agree with the point about a big crowd regardless. 

On Friday night football, I'm more than happy with the odd game. I like a match under the floodlights, it puts a slightly different perspective on a match.