Pars v Queens Park

Superally

After the last minute disappointment at Firhill, the Pars return back home to East End Park to face Queens Park. Like any game in this league this will prove to be another difficult game. Queens Park drew at home in their last outing against Ayr Utd (a similar result to ourselves), Queens Park sit fourth in the table 4pts above the Pars. In terms of form, they have won two, drawn two and last two, scoring six goals and conceding seven. While it was disappointing the Pars lost out at the last minute the bigger disappointment despite limiting the Jags in chances was that we never actually managed to retain the ball sufficiently to make an impression – in contrast to the Rovers game. Ultimately the Pars do have to pick up in performance of they are to achieve anything. While its good to see Todd back there are some injury concerns, will Bene return, is Wortherspoon fit and is Fogarty likely to be potentially concussed. While the Pars had to shackle Graham last week they will have to stop the Dom Thomas show on Sat. Once more is going to be a tight game, but increasingly its one the Pars do have to start winning. I think I’ll opt for a 2-1 home win. COYP

2 hours ago, Maltapar said:

Once again the issue for the Pars is who is going to score goals for us? I had hoped by now to see the quill and the arrival of Dapo Mebude and for him to play on Saturday along with the return of Tobi in goal. 

In the managers preview, doesn’t give much away if Mebude is signing and Tobi is to be assessed right up until the game. Simply can’t afford to have mehmet between the sticks anymore 

42 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

In the managers preview, doesn’t give much away if Mebude is signing and Tobi is to be assessed right up until the game. Simply can’t afford to have mehmet between the sticks anymore 

Was hoping for the quill giff for Mebude too. In fairness it didnt appear for Clay until Friday so there is a chance. Reading between the lines I think McPake is interested.