Email from the club

Piracy

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I was swearing at Morton players Broadfoot and Deleaney for mucking about. Pars fans behind me remarked, good job he's not in the family section. Don't know if I was meant to hear it, but what do fans expect at games ffs. Sanitised to the max.

The game's gone if you're not supposed to swear at the fitbaw.  You weren't in the family section so what the ****'s their problem?

The club obviously have to seen to be doing something because of the trouble that's come from the North Stand this season.  However, as they have done with absolutely everything this season they have made a rip roaring **** of it.

Alistair Burn came over to try and resolve the situation, however he said that he couldn't over rule the head of security and the message was go and sit in the allocated seat in the section further along or leave. I can understand his position and not wanting to undermine the head of security, so fair dos for coming over to try and get a resolution.

Yet again security are unable to apply any sort of common sense and cause a fuss/scene when there was absolutely no issue as there was about 200 empty seats in the section!

Also can anyone with knowledge advise if stewards are allowed to physically remove someone? I was always led to believe they can ask you to leave, but cannot put hands on you and only the police can physically/forcibly remove someone?

15 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I was swearing at Morton players Broadfoot and Deleaney for mucking about. Pars fans behind me remarked, good job he's not in the family section. Don't know if I was meant to hear it, but what do fans expect at games ffs. Sanitised to the max.

It might be a good job you're not in the family section, but if you're not in the family section then your behavior shouldn't be judged by that standard, there is a clear designated section where there is less tolerance towards swearing etc, if that's what you want then go sit there, it's never full.

1 minute ago, El Patrón said:

Alistair Burn came over to try and resolve the situation, however he said that he couldn't over rule the head of security and the message was go and sit in the allocated seat in the section further along or leave. I can understand his position and not wanting to undermine the head of security, so fair dos for coming over to try and get a resolution.

Yet again security are unable to apply any sort of common sense and cause a fuss/scene when there was absolutely no issue as there was about 200 empty seats in the section!

Also can anyone with knowledge advise if stewards are allowed to physically remove someone? I was always led to believe they can ask you to leave, but cannot put hands on you and only the police can physically/forcibly remove someone?

Stewards can remove you if they are SIA licensed but if there's a police presence they'll tend to call them in first. 

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It might be a good job you're not in the family section, but if you're not in the family section then your behavior shouldn't be judged by that standard, there is a clear designated section where there is less tolerance towards swearing etc, if that's what you want then go sit there

I sit in the NW and happy to swear in there. If I were sitting in the family section or main stand I'd adjust accordingly.

It's the usual moaning hoors that annoy me.

15 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I sit in the NW and happy to swear in there. If I were sitting in the family section or main stand I'd adjust accordingly.

It's the usual moaning hoors that annoy me.

That's what I mean, your in a section where that behavior is expected and should be allowed to continue, if you go into the NW and are upset by swearing then it's not those swearing that are in the wrong, you have just picked an inappropriate section.

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El Patrón said:

As previously said, only SIA licenced stewards can physically remove you.  Other stewards can't lay a finger on you.