Pars v Kelty Hearts SPFL Trust Trophy

Its an early 1pm KO when the Pars take on local rivals Kelty Hearts at EEP on Sat in the SPFL Trust Trophy Cup. While Kelty are in League 1 They are team that are already showing promise of being promoted to the championship and they will view this game not only as a derby but also taking a possible scalp. Currently they are in top spot, leading by a single point but they did turnover a Queen of the South team 5-1 on Sat, who are also strongly challenging for the league title. Having played 9 games they have scored 17 and conceded 8 goals so this is a team in form and should not be underestimated. The Pars recently have been pretty abysmal in cup competitions and a result on Saturday will wholly depend on the attitude and the set up of the team. If recent games are to go by the team has been set up with an emphasis of not conceding goals and subsequently have been pretty neutered as an attacking force. If we are to get anything from this game the Pars really have to be on it from the start, concede an early goal - confidence will plummet and there might not be a way back for the team and the Manager. Only loyalty is preventing me from suggesting a cup shock. The Pars have the team and ability to win this, if they get it right – narrowly.

Tobi not being risked so I assume Mehmet will be in goals unless he wants to risk Briggs or if Margetts is allowed to play in this competition. Would be good if Dapo got some minutes but other than that I'm not sure what the best plan here is. Play our recognised first team and run the risk of injury or a morale sapping defeat, or play a mixture of regulars, fringe men and players coming back and hope for the best? Prize money is reasonable if we win the competition but we need to really make sure we stay in the Championship so is there a way to balance things? What a shambles of a season where we have to overthink things like a home tie to Kelty in the Challenge Cup!

According to Dave McKay on COW's it looks like a few players may be missing. Tobi, Bene and Ngwenwy are training, but i'm not sure if they will be risked. McCann didnt train and must be considered doubtful. Fogerty is with the NI U21 squad this weekend. It looks probably Like a Young / Fisher pairing unless Hamilton drops back. Its going to be a tough game! 

34 minutes ago, Al k said:

Not watching but a player and a goal down.

Anyone know if its serious with Dabo? Not even going to ask about the goal.

Got caught on the ankle, looked to in discomfort more than severe pain. Most probably he'll be fine after a couple of days. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Al k said:

FT 2-1, Partick the last time we came from behind to win?

Yes it was, normally that would be the type of thing I would know off the top of my head but I am so disillusioned and disconnected with the club these days I actually needed to look it up because my interest levels are very low.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Al k said:

Not watching but a player and a goal down.

Anyone know if its serious with Dabo? Not even going to ask about the goal.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Got caught on the ankle, looked to in discomfort more than severe pain. Most probably he'll be fine after a couple of days. 

Saw Dapo in the main stand presumably talking to his family for 10 min. He was limping slightly but i would be surprised that if he was unavailable for the Morton Game next Sat 

• Upvote 1