Iain McCall departs

For me Iain McCall will always be one of the most exciting players I ever saw play for the Pars. Apologies if my memory is mistaken, but I think it was a brilliant performance by him in a Pars win against Celtic that led to his signing by Rangers. With the talent he had, he should have gone on to far greater success as a player than he did though again I remember after he joined Rangers him scoring a wonderful curling shot past Andy Goram. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Maltapar said:

For me Iain McCall will always be one of the most exciting players I ever saw play for the Pars. Apologies if my memory is mistaken, but I think it was a brilliant performance by him in a Pars win against Celtic that led to his signing by Rangers. With the talent he had, he should have gone on to far greater success as a player than he did though again I remember after he joined Rangers him scoring a wonderful curling shot past Andy Goram. 

I always thought it was his performance against Rangers in the Skol Cup that was the catalyst for Souness deciding to sign him.

• Like 1

Dunfermline beat Celtic 2-1 on 22nd August 1987 and the Dunfermline Athletic Heritage Trust account of the game agrees with me in that it concludes:

"Dunfermline`s inspiration Ian McCall earned a £150,000 move to Rangers days later on the back of this performance."

Billy Kirkwood

John Holt

Bobby Smith

Struggling....

Beedie signed in the summer. Scored on the opening day 3-3 v Hibs. He definitely wasn't one of them. Paul Hegarty didn't play for us but his son Kevin did in 96.

Edited by da_no_1

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Na they beat us 4-0 in the league cup not long after that Celtic game. McCall played well that night too and Souness signed him pretty much straight away. 

Sold an ace to get 4 kings....

Wasn't it 4-1 with McCall scoring?

Fourth king was Gary Riddell btw 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deutsch Par said:

Wasn't it 4-1 with McCall scoring?

Fourth king was Gary Riddell btw 

Yeah youre correct McCall scored a penalty. Still not convinced about the 4th being the late Gary Riddell but my memory isn't what it was! Definitely wasn't Cowie. He played in that cup tie.

Edited by da_no_1