Pars v Morton

Not a great result and we really needed a win at home. We were the better team on the Stats but that is not points. An interesting stat is that there was a 4645 crowd at EEP, 2470 at the top of the table game in Ayr. 3396 at San Starko and no info available for the other Championship games. Point? DAFC have a great support and this team should be delivering better for them.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Couldn’t believe he didn’t come on and we went to 1 up front in a game we needed a win. Sums it all up tbh

It doesn't really sum it up at all, since we were immediately and significantly better as a result of the changes that were made. We had more width, much more attacking threat and more control of the centre of the park.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to have seen Sutherland, but had McPake swapped him on for Wighton and done nothing else, we wouldn't have seen the shift in momentum that really ought to have resulted in a victory.

Otoo looked much better in the middle of the park (unsurprisingly) and Ngwenya, Wotherspoon and Cooper all made a real difference. 

It's disappointing not to win, but I don't think McPake can be criticised for us not scoring in that second half, his changes made a goal a great deal more likely than had been the case for the first half of the match. It just wouldn't come.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

6 points from first quarter…. Starting to lose interest tbh

Dread what next week could bring 

More points than goals, **** me thats horrific after NINE games. The points alone should be double regardless of targets. 

The abuse he's getting is embarrassing but he's out his depth. Granted he's not supported but how much wages hes been given have been Spunked?  Memhets bizarre contract extension, O Hallaron, KRH (Both continally played out of position) and Wotherspoon alone?

Breen, Wighton, Chalmers (Which I think was an appearance based on), Bene and Mccann. I can understand why at the time but don't look particularly clever now. 

All his squad now, I'm not sure any of his signings meant to fit in his formation. Clay and Fisher exempt.

17 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

It doesn't really sum it up at all, since we were immediately and significantly better as a result of the changes that were made. We had more width, much more attacking threat and more control of the centre of the park.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to have seen Sutherland, but had McPake swapped him on for Wighton and done nothing else, we wouldn't have seen the shift in momentum that really ought to have resulted in a victory.

Otoo looked much better in the middle of the park (unsurprisingly) and Ngwenya, Wotherspoon and Cooper all made a real difference. 

It's disappointing not to win, but I don't think McPake can be criticised for us not scoring in that second half, his changes made a goal a great deal more likely than had been the case for the first half of the match. It just wouldn't come.

So chasing a win and we have 1 striker on the pitch? Sutherland should’ve been on 100%. Otoo has to play CM. End of the day 3 home wins at east end all year long and we are on a trajectory to get 24 points this season unless something changes

37 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

It's disappointing not to win, but I don't think McPake can be criticised for us not scoring in that second half, 

He absolutely can, this isn't a new development under McPake. There's more to football management than just making subs, either McPake is incapable of coaching and setting a team up to attack, or his signings are incapable of scoring goals. 

Either way the blame lies firmly at McPakes door. 

• Upvote 2