Pars v Morton

Honestly I fear a 3-0 drubbing by Falkirk next week…the football is just brutal to watch but there was glimpses of KRH taking players on ets…just do this more! The team has to play the ball faster moving up the pitch. If McPake sets out like that next week we will lose easily against an attacking Falkirk side. It’s just so frustrating watching that team and as many have said our win record is brutal especially at EEP where teams hated to come to as they knew they would be up for a hard game… Something has to change as we are relegation fodder already😩

3 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

Looking at the stats on Flash score it seems like it is the type of game that would get football stopped.

I believe its called anti-football. If you're a neutral and you looking for a bit of entertainment, you'd probably be better watching "Bargain Hunt" or, "Homes Under The Hammer"

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

So chasing a win and we have 1 striker on the pitch? Sutherland should’ve been on 100%.

Chasing a win, and we made changes which meant we went from having no pressure and no real chances to pushing hard for a long period and very nearly scoring. 

Ok we didn't score, and maybe Sutherland puts a chance away if it comes - but you have to create the chances first. 

If you'd have had Sutherland on, who would you have not brought on? Cooper, who skipped past defenders and played an excellent cut back? Ngwenya, who both gave us pace and width on the left, and also allowed Otoo to move into the midfield role where he's best utilised? Or Wotherspoon, who helped open up the space on the left for Ngwenya and added significantly more quality than Clay had been providing?

The idea that you can tell how attacking a team is being by just counting the number of strikers is absurd.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Grant said:

There's more to football management than just making subs,

Indeed, and that's kind of the point I'm making - there was a huge change in attitude and momentum after the changes. 

1 hour ago, Grant said:

either McPake is incapable of coaching and setting a team up to attack,

Were you not watching the second half? That's exactly what he did do.

Where I think he can and should be criticised is in not being more attacking from the start of matches. I think we have a squad, thin though it is, capable of a lot more than they've produced so far this season. That's on McPake, no argument.

But the initial point I was replying to was that only having 1 striker on the pitch somehow sums up all that's wrong at the moment. Which is nonsense.

So what was the point in actually keeping Sutherland here? He’s never going to get experience sat on a bench and manager clearly doesn’t rate him enough to give him game time.

Personally didn’t think wotherspoon was great when he came on apart from 1 bit of skill he done… gave away the ball numerous times. All about opinions at the end of the day I won’t start slagging people off if they think differently to me.

Unfortunately we are in a results business and quite simply it’s not acceptable whatsoever. Sooner mcpake goes the better 

8 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I think a better manager can get more out of these players. 

I'm not convinced. For quite a few of them this is the third manager.

We weren't terrible today but imo most of the poor decisions were made by players on the park, too slow, wrong pass etc

Edited by the saline hill puma